cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2005 IOTA power converter

ccchuck
Explorer
Explorer
My Greyhawk has a IOTA DLS 30 power converter, original equipment, which is working. Will it work work a GSM battery?

Help appreciated.
RVing since '74..
10 REPLIES 10

ccchuck
Explorer
Explorer
"Well it is well worth getting if you have the dual voltage jack.."

I ordered one- thanks~
RVing since '74..

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well it is well worth getting if you have the dual voltage jack no matter what battery you have. Some OEM do not have the jack. Looks like a phone jack. Aftermarket often comes with the IQ controller included internally.

www.iotaengineering.com

http://www.bestconverter.com/IQ4-Smart-Controller

ccchuck
Explorer
Explorer
"Does your IOTA have the IQ controller?"

no.
RVing since '74..

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry "GSM big mother" has no hits for me on google. I thought a photo battery would have its own charger so maybe you need an inverter to supply power to the photo charging system.

Does your IOTA have the IQ controller?

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
If what every battery you want to install is NOT flooded lead-acid, do NOT assume your converter will do a good job unless you know how to adjust it for your chemistry !

ccchuck
Explorer
Explorer
" Maybe the OP meant AGM NOT GSM. I doubt he meant GSM, but just asking "GSM?" was the correct NON RUDE response. Doug"

darn I apparently missed the bully babies, I did mean GSM, I do pro photo and use the "big mother" versions, but reading up more see it , technical term here, ain't gonna work - so I will look at AGM. Those of you being helpful, and kind, thanks.
RVing since '74..

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
What is a GSM battery? Photo? Link?

Generally if you have the IOTA IQ controller it will be fine on any battery. IOTA actually has about eight different IQ controllers for different batteries or special situations.

dedmiston
It's a pretty short thread now, after taking out the trash.

Let's try to play nice, folks.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Zzzzzzzzzz...just funnin'

Do these manufacturers have operation manuals that can be downloaded?

Especially with expensive batteries I always review manufacturer's preferences for changing. They TRUMP charger manufacturer recommendations.

Temperature correct 14.4 constant voltage for absorbed glass mat batteries. It's one of the easiest specs to remember. And do not charge AGM batteries at amperages rated less than 20% of their amp hour rating unless you are starting out when they are mostly full.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
GSM battery link. Just 1 of many GSM batteries. The OP stated GSM, NOT AGM. One thing I have learned over the years is to not just assume you are smarter than somebody else and try to impart your perceived superior intellect on others. Maybe the OP meant AGM NOT GSM. I doubt he meant GSM, but just asking "GSM?" was the correct NON RUDE response. Doug

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/gsm-alarm-system-12v-7ah-battery_729240786.html?spm=a2700.772...