cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suggestions on where to RV in Cali with good cell reception

TwistedGray
Explorer
Explorer
My wife has a few days coming up between clinical rotations and nursing school fun, so we want to take the RV out. However, I have two meetings that I have to be present at during this time, so we need to be in an area that has good, consistent cell reception.

I have found one place, Williams Hill, that is relatively close, but there are no hiking trails and not much to do unless you have OHVs (dirt bikes, 4 wheelers, etc). The cell reception is amazing though : )

If we could find a place within lets say 4-8 hours (I know...quite a range) from Monterey Bay that would be awesome. I'm struggling to find something with all the continued closures for camping.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-thomas
5 REPLIES 5

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
You are in Monterey, why do you need to go Rving for?:B

Exactly what I was thinking. Enjoy some local scenery.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
This sounds like the plot to Robin William's movie, RV. :B

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you looked at your wireless carrier's coverage map? I use Verizon's whenever we're considering staying in the boonies.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
You are in Monterey, why do you need to go Rving for?:B

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Is Monterey County's Lorenzo Park open...in King City. Good cell service there.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad