Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: LiFePO4 - SOK or Renogy.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> LiFePO4 - SOK or Renogy.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next
time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/11/21 10:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

3 tons wrote:

time2roll wrote:

BFL13 wrote:

Would you pay maybe $1,400 for the two LFPs instead of say $400 for a pair of 6s to save 16 minutes to do a 50-93 on solar? Obviously, many people are doing just that.
$1400 is so you can do 20-100 instead of 50-93.

A textbook example of how ‘outcome-based modeling’ (aka Scientism, meaning the now popular reemergence of medieval science...) is ‘used’ to arrive at pre-determined narratives to form opinion... It’s by this knowingly flawed method that one can ‘prove’ almost anything....Another sad day for dear ol Diogenes...

3 tons
I took a short dive into Scientism and Diogenes and I don't see it. Maybe I need more study.

I still think there is more to this decision than saving 16 minutes on charging batteries. Especially saving 16 minutes charging with solar.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

3 tons

NV.

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/21 11:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“Maybe I need more study”.......

It takes a bit of perseverance.

Scientism refers to the medieval period which relied heavily upon a hybrid of science-mysticism (say, in the fashion of Rasputin) bearing pre-established conclusions (i.e. today’s sad reemergence of outcome based science)...Upon the disastrous fall of the Roman Empire, Aristotle’s invention of Scientific Methodology (i.e. empirical science) was lost (as was wide-spoken latin, thereby giving rise to the regional Romantic languages of French, Spanish, Italian, et al), not to be rediscovered for yet another millennia.... This dreaded long absence of Aristotle’s invention set back ‘real science’ (which has gifted us many of today’s advances) at least a full millennia...

Diogene’s was the first true celebrated minimalist (lol!!) famous for spending many a night walking the streets of ancient Athens while carrying a lantern - when asked why he was doing this, he responded “I’m looking for an honest man”!!

Hope this helps Sir,

3 tons

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/21 11:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

3 tons,

I don't always agree with BFL13, but to label him as a troll is unfair.

I'm always glad to find out I was wrong about something. That means I've learned something new.

As to long warranties on battery banks, there was a piano company in USA that offered a 50 year warranty. The company no longer exists.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, soon to have SiO2 batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/11/21 11:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So is this about minimalism or bad science assumptions?

Does the minimalism relate to the battery price? capacity? weight? charging ability? lifespan? maintenance?

Or bad science? I don't think we are involved in alchemy here. Just specifications.

3 tons

NV.

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/21 12:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

3 tons,

I'm always glad to find out I was wrong about something. That means I've learned something new.

As to long warranties on battery banks, there was a piano company in USA that offered a 50 year warranty. The company no longer exists.

One’s free to their opinion, but FWIW the term “fair or fairness” is likely one of the most abused terms in common parlance, because it’s always held within the eye of the beholder, but worse, it’s used as a “STOP!!” term - often abused to immediately disarm dissenters from their positions...

Either way, I apply such a term reluctantly, only after a fair amount of good faith consideration, humility and self-restraint and only after this last disingenuous contortion regarding charge efficiency fact, which I see as stealth mischief - from my ‘possibly myopic’ perspective (if you wish...) a clear disservice to others...

So there you have it, but this is just my opinion, others are well entitled to different points of view...Again, JMHO only here, but I’m glad you asked....

3 tons, in the High NV Desert

3 tons

NV.

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/21 12:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

So is this about minimalism or bad science assumptions?

Does the minimalism relate to the battery price? capacity? weight? charging ability? lifespan? maintenance?

Or bad science? I don't think we are involved in alchemy here. Just specifications.

“I took a short dive into Scientism and I don’t see it”

Ha, Well understand that in the above context, I was merely trying to wash your windows [emoticon]

3 tons

3 tons

NV.

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/21 12:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“ As to long warranties on battery banks, there was a piano company in USA that offered a 50 year warranty. The company no longer exists”

No kidding a out that Sir, same cr#p goes for roofing warranties!!

3 tons

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/11/21 12:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I often walk alone [emoticon]

But I have a lifetime warranty on my alternator [emoticon]

3 tons

NV.

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/21 01:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

I often walk alone [emoticon]

But I have a lifetime warranty on my alternator [emoticon]

Lol on that one, but at this point I’m just hoping that I might outlast my alternator (ugg!) [emoticon]

3 tons

StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/21 05:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

3 tons,

I agree, it seams he is just trying to rationalize an expensive purchase to me.

there are a few people I have a hard time at what they are getting at on the board, but it is just the way they present themselves I think....

Steve

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> LiFePO4 - SOK or Renogy.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.