cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Level Mate Pro

D_and_A_plus_6
Explorer
Explorer
Received a Level Mate Pro, when you level the camper to mount the receiver, would you level it with slides in or out?? I can see either way. My camper will be about a 1/2 low if I level 1st then put slides out??
10 REPLIES 10

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
They are the same. If you want the trailer level at the campsite, you set the Level Mate with the trailer set up as you camp. If you want it level after the slides are out, you set it after putting the slides out and ensuring the trailer is still level.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Sgeorge
Explorer
Explorer
You guys are miss understanding the OP question. He is referring to the initial setting up of the unit, the very first time to be installed. Not the procedure to level the trailer at a camp site.
2013 Springdale 232SRT
2016 F250 XLT, 6.2, 4.30.

Rover_Bill
Explorer II
Explorer II
Second Chance wrote:
It doesn't matter whether the slide(s) is/are in or out when setting up the LevelMatePRO. If the chassis is level when you calibrate the LevelMatePRO, the the chassis will be level when you use the LevelMatePRO to level it whether the slides are in or out. You're not mounting the LevelMatePRO to a slide (I hope).

Rob

Not with my single slideout - it 12' long holding the dinette and couch. I level the TT perfectly with the slide in and after the slide is extended, the TT is 2" out. My LevelMate is mounted to the chassis and I want the chassis to be level AFTER the slide is extended.
2015 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 4X4 TowHaul SLE ExtCab Bronze
2016 Keystone Passport GT 2670BH
ReCurve R6 hitch, DirecLink brake controller
2005 Suzuki C50 2006 Suzuki S40

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rover_Bill wrote:
I setup mine by physically leveling the TT with the slide out, pulling the slide in, and then setting the level in the Level Mate. The TT will be off level when the Level Mate thinks it's level, but OK after the slide is pulled out.
I don't have one, but this is definitely how I would set it up also.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Latner
Nomad
Nomad
Itakethe5th2011 wrote:
The whole reason to use the Level Mate Pro is to help level the RV side to side before you unhook. It will also tell you how much front to back. You can move little back, maybe forward or move little to one side to find a better level spot . It tells you how much leveling blocks need to level RV. You don't do this with your slide out. Once level and unhooked you put out your slide.

X2 My trailer is level and the stabs down before I put the slide out.

Itakethe5th2011
Explorer
Explorer
The whole reason to use the Level Mate Pro is to help level the RV side to side before you unhook. It will also tell you how much front to back. You can move little back, maybe forward or move little to one side to find a better level spot . It tells you how much leveling blocks need to level RV. You don't do this with your slide out. Once level and unhooked you put out your slide.

Sgeorge
Explorer
Explorer
The direction say to level the coach with the slideouts out. Then bring them in and set the unit up. I messed mine up by not reading the directions and only leveled the trailer with the slides in, when I extended them I was off by an inch and a half. It was a very obvious I was off level.
2013 Springdale 232SRT
2016 F250 XLT, 6.2, 4.30.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
It doesn't matter whether the slide(s) is/are in or out when setting up the LevelMatePRO. If the chassis is level when you calibrate the LevelMatePRO, the the chassis will be level when you use the LevelMatePRO to level it whether the slides are in or out. You're not mounting the LevelMatePRO to a slide (I hope).

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Rover_Bill
Explorer II
Explorer II
I setup mine by physically leveling the TT with the slide out, pulling the slide in, and then setting the level in the Level Mate. The TT will be off level when the Level Mate thinks it's level, but OK after the slide is pulled out.
2015 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 4X4 TowHaul SLE ExtCab Bronze
2016 Keystone Passport GT 2670BH
ReCurve R6 hitch, DirecLink brake controller
2005 Suzuki C50 2006 Suzuki S40

TUCQUALA
Explorer
Explorer
How have you leveled in the past, with slide out or in??? Use past experience to set up the Level Mate. If you did it before with the slide in, level like before, and when slide is out, recheck the device for difference. You'll get a good feeling for the best setting after a bit of use. Perfect level is almost impossible to achieve if you're a purist!!!

FYI, I level with slide in, with a bit of an offset to accommodate the slide when extended. Also still use bubble levels to verify. And they're not perfect either!!!
'16 Outdoors Timber Ridge 280RKS
Reese 1700# Trunnion w/ DualCam HP
'03 EXCURSION XLT V10 4.30 Axles