cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tyler Texas area dry campoing

Ultrasport
Explorer
Explorer
We have family in the Tyler Texas area and I'm looking for recommendations for a place to periodically stay with our 37 foot pusher. We don't need hookups (lithium batteries) and in fact, enjoy dry camping in cooler weather. Any recommendations within 10-15 miles of Tyler?

I'd love to find a place to stay for as few days once a month or so. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Steve
Steve D
1998 Ultrasport
2010 Wrangler Toad
www.dasplace.net
7 REPLIES 7

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
You might contact the Lions RV Park which is near Lindale, TX and not much further than Tyler State Park to the city. My point is to ask if they might have some arrangement that would fit your needs. We have stayed there and found it to be a very nice park. They are small and private and might be willing to accommodate.

https://lionsrvpark.com/

Ultrasport
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. Tyler State Park is very nice (been there) but I was more hoping for someone that might have a private "parking spot" they would like to rent from time to time and we might make a new friend! I have two sites at my home that we occasionally let friends from out of town use. No real point in paying for a hookup site at Tyler SP and not using it.

The Lufkin suggestion is a good one but that's about two hours out and we live three hours from Tyler so not a big improvement.

I was simply saying we don't HAVE to have hookups. With the lithium batteries and 100 gallons of water on board, I can easily do 4-5 days with no generator or hookups, 7-10 days with a few hours of generator.

Some of the state parks allow RV's in the tent area which is very nice. Typically quieter and in the winter, much less crowded. Tyler SP says they don't allow.

I know it was a long shot but was hoping to find something a bit closer to the family. Tyler State Park is about 30 minutes out.

I appreciate the replies and will keep watching!

Steve
Steve D
1998 Ultrasport
2010 Wrangler Toad
www.dasplace.net

Explorer II
Explorer II
BB_TX wrote:
2112 wrote:
Tyler SP. Don't plug in and your dry camping.

Tyler State Park is great. But you would still have to pay the $22/$26/$30 fee.
He didn't say anything about price. His requirement is within 15 miles of Tyler
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
You could check freecampsites.net or allstays.com. They both show boondocking /dry camping locations.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
2112 wrote:

Tyler State Park is great. But you would still have to pay the $22/$26/$30 fee.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are two NF near Lufkin too with camping there. Nearest that I have
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Explorer II
Explorer II
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857