cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

3rd Issue of RV Magazine

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
Received my issue of RV magazine today. Marcus has a welcome page and says he hears us loud and clear. He says they are still working on things to get it right but apparently this hasn't happened on the 3rd issue. It still hasn't won me over. Must be edited by someone who has never owned an RV.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows
16 REPLIES 16

curt12914
Explorer
Explorer
When I read the magazine, I feel like I am receiving an advertisement from Camping World that I am paying for. It seems that the majority of items that are tested or recommended, are sold by CW.

I realize that CW sells a lot of RV related items, but the whole magazine seems to be an attempt to boost sales.
2021 F-350 Platinum 4X4 PSD SRW 2016 Montana 3950FL (2) Honda EU2000i's
...and a few (twenty-some, but other than my wife, no one is counting) antique Allis Chalmers tractors

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
I got another one maybe it should be just given away because it is nothing but advertising can't wait till mine ends.
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
well i got number 4 it was better but noting to write home about maybe he never read the real motor home magazine?. I still have some I will mail him a few if he needs them to compare them to.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I've decided not to renew. Anything I want to read or know about is on either the internet of And You Tube. Actually lately much better content than the magazine!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
I find that the AARP Bulletin has become a more desirable read.

Mr__Pinky
Explorer
Explorer
I agree. I am 81 years old and already know how to build a fire and I don't think I will be doing calistentics outside my RV.
Magazine is not relevant to my interests.
"STUFF" HAPPENS, GET OVER IT

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
3 for 3 in trash batting 100 so far.

camper_ron
Explorer
Explorer
He said he will include some of the features and help guides that where in Motorhome Mag. hope he does.

r0n....:@

Bruce_Brown
dodge guy wrote:
I'm trying to give it time, my subscription ends in June. But so far it has actually gotten worse each month. I'm trying to be optimistic, but it's not looking good.

I looked at the latest issue and thought the same thing - its getting worse instead of better.

I haven't seen even one thing yet that made me stop flipping and start reading. Maybe I'll stumble on to something but its not looking good.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
you can ask but I really don't see how. When they combined trailer life and motor home together which people paid for and came out with nothing close to what they were liking. Like myself I won't renew and many say the same thing I believe when they lse there reader they will get the hint.

capacitor
Explorer
Explorer
From all the threads and posts, probably should ask if anyone likes the magazine!

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
IT IS FOR SELLERS OF CAMPERS,COOKS,Women things.home and garden junk book good to start fires that's about it.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œGetting it rightโ€ involves spending much of the advertising revenue on editorial content. Heโ€™s gotta pay for printing and mailing too. The ad revenue isnโ€™t sufficient and IMO it wonโ€™t get significantly better. It isnโ€™t Marcusโ€™ fault the world has changed.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm trying to give it time, my subscription ends in June. But so far it has actually gotten worse each month. I'm trying to be optimistic, but it's not looking good.
Where is the DIY repair section? Where is the help section? Where is the "readers fixes" section? Hey removed all the good content for meaningless nonsense.
The stuff I do like is the recipes, and campgrounds. They need to really step it up!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!