cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing Decals

d1h
Nomad II
Nomad II
Has anyone replaced the decals themselves on an aluminum sided TT? I've been thinking about it but am afraid it will be a nightmare getting them straight, no wrinkles, bubbles, etc. with the corrugated siding. The youtube videos I've come across only seem to show it being done on smooth fiberglass siding.
5 REPLIES 5

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I've done it, but that statement is not totally true. I removed the graphics (see below) and my friend who owns a sign shop measured and cut the new graphics for me. After we installed the first graphic we called his professional installer to do the rest.

I used a plastic razor blade to use to scrape the old decals off.

You have to use a heat gun and the plastic razor blade to remove the old decals. But you have to be careful with the heat. Too little heat and the stickers don't come off. Too much heat and the vinyl just stretches. After the vinyl is removed you can use goof off to remove the left over residue.

We installed one graphic and with the wavy side of the trailer it was an ultimate pain in the rear. We stopped there and he called his professional installer who has been installing graphics for years. The job took the professional installer six hours to complete. It was definitely money well spent and the trailer looks new again.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

MKirkland
Explorer
Explorer
I found a sign/decal shop. They did 3 large decals for $200. They tried to get close to the same size but were a little off. For the first year the old decal remnants looked like a shadow. The sun has taken care of that now. I'm happy with the job.

wra
Explorer
Explorer
Most sign shops can remove and replace decals. They can put any design/wording you desire.

Seon
Explorer
Explorer
Bring it to a shop that does glass tinting.

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
Spray soapy water on the RV panels, apply he decals. Then you would need a heat gun to soften up the decals, so they can make all the curves. Then squeegee smooth.
2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,TST in tire TPMS,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY