cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mold in Storage Area

themoons
Explorer
Explorer
I went to get some supplies out of the under storage area of my RV and found everything was damp and covered with mold. The dutch oven was also rusty. There is so much mold growing that I don't think some of the things are able to be salvaged, including camp chairs, fishing gear, etc. It is only in one storage compartment luckily and hasn't spread to other compartments or the interior of the RV.

Has anyone else had this happen? What could be the cause? I have been an RV owner for nearly 6 years and have never seen anything like this.
5 REPLIES 5

themoons
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all. I think I realized the problem. My son left it open in the rain and then closed it later without telling anyone. Pretty sure it pooled in there and then condensed and froze and eventually just made everything moldy. Unfortunately most of the items with any cloth will need to be tossed. Bummer.

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
I believe there is a product that will kill mold. I can't remember the name but it is mixed up and sprayed on the mold. Try googling mold remover and you may find some products that will help you get rid of it.
Good luck!
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
Is there plumbing above the storage? It may be a leak dripping into the bay

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Tackle the mold issue quickly. Anticipate mold inside the walls and under the floor. If fixable, it will be expensive and time consuming.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
"......everything was damp ......"

Water leaking in
RAIN most likely
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31