cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Deleting Book from Cloud

salem
Explorer
Explorer
DW loves to read. She'll read a book from first page to last in one sitting. Recently, she downloaded a free book onto her Apple I-11 phone. When she finished she deleted the book. Then, we started wondering if would remain in the cloud. We don't want to use all her cloud storage on deleted books. How would one delete it from the cloud, if that's possible. Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

salem
Explorer
Explorer
DW ordered a Kindle "Fire-10" e-reader from Amazon. Loves it so far. Lots of free books to read.

salem
Explorer
Explorer
Grandson show us how to delete things from the Cloud. Very simple. Thanks for all your comments. I feel like such a techie. haha

salem
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078: We haven't had these Iphones very long and are still in a learning stage. There probably is a way to look to see what's stored there. We'll keep playing around with our new phones. Thank goodness for grandkids. This stuff seems to come natural to them.:)

salem
Explorer
Explorer
Coolmom42: Thanks for the info. If it's not a significant issue we just won't worry about it.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Doesn't she have access to the cloud account where she can see what's stored there? And delete unneeded files?
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
If sheโ€™s reading the book with Kindle or Nook Iโ€™m fairly sure books stay on their servers and not in her ICloud account.

On edit: Only the books she has downloaded to her device are stored on the device. As I recall IOS backup does not backup the apps you have on the device, but it does tracks what apps you have and will download them again from the App Store when required.

I have both Kindle and Nook, and neither app stores data on my iCloud account.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Where did she download it from, and what does that site say about it being stored in the cloud? I download from Amazon (Kindle format) all the time and the books are not stored in the cloud.

If she has an automatic backup, it MIGHT be keeping a copy in the cloud even if she deletes it from the phone. You will have to delve into the mysteries of Iphone syncing to figure that one out.

Ebooks are NOT big files, and she would need THOUSANDS of them to consume any significant space in cloud storage. Not something you need to worry about, really.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board