cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford Roadside Assistance

hpdrver
Explorer
Explorer
We are taking delivery of a new Ford Coach House RV on 3/31 and reviewed the Ford warranty for this vehicle. The warranty includes 24 hour roadside assistance for towing, tire changes if spare provided, gas refuel and battery charges. Since I can if required change my own tire and will carry a battery charger, is there any need to buy additional roadside assistance. Any repairs to the coach will be done by me or Rv technicians.

Has anyone used Ford roadside assistance?
Texas Two Step
2021 Coach House 272XLFR
2020 JL Jeep Wrangler
10 REPLIES 10

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
hpdrver wrote:
Thanks BB

You are the only one that actually used the service. Ford RSS is free for 5 years so using it instead of paying for other service appears to be prudent. Anyone has experience with Ford RSS in their motorhome and could opine.

Having the "other" paid RSS I have used them numerous times and purchase all the batteries for my vehicles from them, except the house batteries. I find their cost competitive, their warranty

unmatched AND i don't have to carry a battery back and forth to a store. If there is a need for a jumpstart they check the condition of the battery and the charging system and if the battery

has failed you get a new one. There are only a few, maybe 2 ,battery manufacturers left. Cost is determined byt he number of plates inside.A true example of getting what you pay for.

hpdrver
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks BB

You are the only one that actually used the service. Ford RSS is free for 5 years so using it instead of paying for other service appears to be prudent. Anyone has experience with Ford RSS in their motorhome and could opine.
Texas Two Step
2021 Coach House 272XLFR
2020 JL Jeep Wrangler

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
klutchdust wrote:
"Self insure, every time someone offers you a warranty of some kind put that money into your own warranty acct and use it when/if you ever need to. You'll be surprised how your investment grows especially because you won't be using it. "

Amen to that statement . I find "piece of mind" doing exactly that.

X-2

Dusty

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Self insure, every time someone offers you a warranty of some kind put that money into your own warranty acct and use it when/if you ever need to. You'll be surprised how your investment grows especially because you won't be using it. "

Amen to that statement . I find "piece of mind" doing exactly that.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
What would your plan be once the Ford 5 yr policy is over ? Buy a policy that you will probably research to get opinions of ? Point being, research what you be given for "FREE" as they say.

If a road service policy gives you needed comfort then pick one that includes rv's .

As Klutchdust suggested "what services are on their list of people to respond" and a 'location map' of services. If you travel to remote sections or go off grid, you need a service that will be within the designated response distance, otherwise it's next to useless. If you are in populated places all the time with cell service, then just google a service and call them yourself without paying a roadside service to do that for you. If you should ever need it , pay out of pocket for the road call. I had to use a road service 3x in my 50 yrs of rv life.
Self insure, every time someone offers you a warranty of some kind put that money into your own warranty acct and use it when/if you ever need to. You'll be surprised how your investment grows especially because you won't be using it.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I used the Ford warranty roadside service twice, once each on two different trucks. Both times they were quick and efficient. Been a number of years ago, but at the time they were using Coach-net as their provider. Don’t know about now.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
No overlapping service plan needed. Worst case add some towing reimbursement coverage to your vehicle insurance policy at a very reasonable cost.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Who responds to a service call depends greatly on where you are when you need help. In many cases there may only be one or two tow companies in the area and they will have contracts with multiple RSS policy companies.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
So who exactly do the sellers of these roadside assistance policies use to service a flat tire? Ford doesn't send a dealer out, dealers don't do RSA. Joe blow RV dealer, who services

what he sells, ask for a list, watch them stutter.

I consider many options for my dollars, AAA is mandatory for me. Some things I won't skimp on, they have come through for me in all my needs.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have not used it but my thoughts are that it’s free for 5 years (it was in my case - Class A). Mine turns 5 in late March and have included RSS coverage on my RV policy with Progressive which I did had to use on a previous unit. My answer is no.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT