cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Off Roading with the 2021 Bronco

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
I can't wait to test out one of these new Broncos.

And as always for your viewing entertainment.

Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
28 REPLIES 28

RoyJ
Explorer
Explorer
mich800 wrote:
specta wrote:
IdaD wrote:
The articulation shot was a great example of solid axles vs independent suspension. Rear flexed great, front flexed almost none. 99% of buyers won't care, of course. Not much flexing needed to run to Costco.

I read somewhere that about 3% of Jeep owners actually take them off road other than just down a dirt road.

I'm sure the numbers for the new Bronco will be about the same. There is a two year back order for a new Bronco already.

And I bet that percent is much lower for people that own a sports car and go to a track.

To be fair, it's much more cost-prohibitive to track a car than off road a truck. At my local track, we're talking $500 Cdn / day, or $55k for a membership just to enter (then $3k / yr). For my car, add $3k tires, $500 pads, and lodging for a weekend, too rich for me.

I can take my SUV / trucks and do a weekend of bush travel for less than $500.

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
alexleblanc wrote:

i recently upgraded to one of those, just a stock 172hp model for now.

Like everything else, it isn't cheap but what hobbies are (just like RVing).

Nice! Have you given it a good run yet! They are amazing vehicles!

PS, nice shop too!

still waiting on the windsheild and winch bumper to come in but i've been busy adding all of my gear to it (heater, stereo, lighting, skid plates, etc).

the shop it new, just finished it around first week of January.
TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
specta wrote:
IdaD wrote:
The articulation shot was a great example of solid axles vs independent suspension. Rear flexed great, front flexed almost none. 99% of buyers won't care, of course. Not much flexing needed to run to Costco.

I read somewhere that about 3% of Jeep owners actually take them off road other than just down a dirt road.

I'm sure the numbers for the new Bronco will be about the same. There is a two year back order for a new Bronco already.

And I bet that percent is much lower for people that own a sports car and go to a track.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:
GDS-3950BH wrote:
Order up the Wildtrack version that starts out @ 47,000.00 then take it out and beat it off .

Dude, that's ummm, disturbing. I think the new Broncos are kinda sexy myself, but not "that" kind of sexy!

LOL

LOL... I have zero interest in rock crawling especially with a $47k vehicle.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:
alexleblanc wrote:

PS, nice shop too!

Very nice...

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
alexleblanc wrote:

PS, nice shop too!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
GDS-3950BH wrote:
Order up the Wildtrack version that starts out @ 47,000.00 then take it out and beat it off .

Dude, that's ummm, disturbing. I think the new Broncos are kinda sexy myself, but not "that" kind of sexy!

LOL
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:

Got to tear up the trails around Boulder NV with this thing over Xmas. Buddy down there is big into buggies and rails.

3 words....
O M G

200+ hp (it's not stock, he said 230hp I believe, but I don't remember, felt like 400...lol)
Absolutely ridiculous power and handling and suspension. Aside from it's a toy and not a real street vehicle like a jeep, the jeep is like a 1997 Polaris Ranger and this is like a 2020 Ford Raptor!

TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
Order up the Wildtrack version that starts out @ 47,000.00 then take it out and beat it off some rocks or trees.

Pretty sharp vehicle,the new Bronco. I have now seen 3 negotiating the Walmart and Target badlands.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:

The SxS argument is a bit worn out. Expensive? Yup, very expensive.
Compared to 2 new top of the line snowmachines or 2 new top of the line quads, it's in line with the market and the 4 seaters can haul your whole family.
If you want to go poking along a trail, doing some off roading, a Jeep is a better value.
But if you want essentially the best combination of Baja 1000/King of Hammers and peel your face off power, you have to pay for it.

I don't have the time or place for one a hot rod SxS yet, but it's on the short list of fun toys to buy when the time comes. They are ridiculously fun and capable. And the suspensions alone are worth the price of admission. You couldn't build one for the same price, likely.

I have zero interest in any SxS, Jeep or Bronco. :B
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:

Got to tear up the trails around Boulder NV with this thing over Xmas. Buddy down there is big into buggies and rails.

3 words....
O M G

200+ hp (it's not stock, he said 230hp I believe, but I don't remember, felt like 400...lol)
Absolutely ridiculous power and handling and suspension. Aside from it's a toy and not a real street vehicle like a jeep, the jeep is like a 1997 Polaris Ranger and this is like a 2020 Ford Raptor!

A few years my BIL wanted me to go in with him to purchase a Polaris Ranger Crew for our hunting property and when he told me the crazy price for one of these toys, I suggested we purchase a older Jeep and it would be street legal to boot if we choose to go that route. We used to have a old Willis Jeep but got handed over during a hunting trip poker game and it did the job just fine.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
SweetLou wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

Link

If you are near Hurricane UT, keep Matt's Recovery phone number handy

Thanks but no thanks... I have everything I need here in Texas. :W

RoyJ
Explorer
Explorer
specta wrote:

2021 Jeep Wrangler from $28,475

The Can Am is the top of the line and the Jeep is the bottom, but I think its the OHVs that are ridiculously priced and not soo much Jeeps.

I do agree OHVs are also highly over-priced. But most have very high performance components compared to on-road vehicles, hence why a dirt bike can cost $10k.

To be fair, we need to compare top end Jeeps. Here in Canada a Rubi Gladiator diesel is $80k Cdn on the lot. Why not, they have the market 100% to themselves.

SweetLou
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:

Link

If you are near Hurricane UT, keep Matt's Recovery phone number handy
2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie