Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Syracuse NY April Camping
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Syracuse NY April Camping

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
SpeakEasy

Western New York

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/21 07:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pitch wrote:

You may be right Speak,but why chance it? The way things are set up and allocated makes no sense to me. Hopefully someone knows how it all works.
I made an appt back in the beginning of February. for March 18th. I live in the Finger Lakes and that appointment is 90 miles away in Binghamton. I am happy to be able to get one.

The Mrs and I are over 65. We got our first dose last week in Syracuse at one of the Wegmans pharmacies. We had to drive a little over an hour to get there, but that's not too bad. We had been checking the availability at the Wegmans website daily, and all of a sudden there were appointments available at all the Syracuse stores. We were able to make an appointment for two days later, and they took care of us. Within a day, there were no more appointments available. You can always make an appointment and then cancel it if something better becomes available. Your primary care provider should have some availability; pharmacies have availability. The NYS clinics are far from your only option.

-Speak

It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/21 08:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SpeakEasy wrote:

Don't bother. Within a short period of time - almost certainly before April - the supply of COVID vaccines will be greater than the demand. When that happens you'll be able to get your vaccine where you live.

If you don't believe me, bookmark this thread and come back and look for it later.

-Speak

Not guaranteed. Hope you are right BUT...

Make a reservation at a campgound or boondock. Explain your situation or stay where the cancellation policy isn't an issue. You can always cancel your vaccine appointment if you get one sooner. There are too many unknowns you can't foresee-increased supply gets held up due to shipment issues such as weather, slots fill quickly, registration issues, etc. A bird in the hand is worth more than MAYBE having one in the bush. You have to deal with what is, not what might be.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Syracuse NY April Camping
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.