cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wifi access while on the road near Savannah, GA?

plasticmaster
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be travelling from South Carolina next month to our next camping trip in Florida. I'll be pulling my camper and my wife will be pulling our boat with her car. While in route, she will need to make a pit stop to attend a virtual meeting. She will have her laptop in the car with her. We expect to be in the Savannah, GA area around the time of her meeting. Is there a place near there where she can pull over and access wifi while in her car for the meeting? She will have the boat behind her. Thanks in advance for recommendations.
4 REPLIES 4

rhagfo
Explorer
Explorer
I would suggest you think about getting a dedicated hot spot, they work better than using your phone.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
Cell is the best option but we've found most fast food places provide free wifi and it's always been plenty fast enough for a video meeting.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Rover_Bill
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your cellphone's hotspot is your best bet were service is available. Second best is to buy some limited high-speed broadband service at a truck stop like FlyingJ. Most free WiFi places like restaurants will cut you off after a few minutes of high speed streaming.
2015 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 4X4 TowHaul SLE ExtCab Bronze
2016 Keystone Passport GT 2670BH
ReCurve R6 hitch, DirecLink brake controller
2005 Suzuki C50 2006 Suzuki S40

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many not all Home Depot and Lowes have free WIFI, fast food restaurants claim to but I found them to be very unreliable. Especially for high bandwidth. Florida rest stops have WIFI I don't know about GA.
No hotspot on your phones? That is the best.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper