cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 Super Duty Camera system

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
On my previous truck if I wanted a rear view display while traveling down the highway I had to move the gear shift lever into reverse while I selected the camera that I wanted. The 2021 will allow me to select the bed camera while moving forward. I am considering purchasing the AUX camera to mount on the back of my trailer. Will the new Ford camera system allow me to select AUX and continuously display this camera view on the sync screen?
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5
10 REPLIES 10

howardwheeler
Explorer
Explorer
An aftermarket system that is very easy to install accomplishes what you're after. Nav-TV allows you to access any camera at any time and at any speed. Mine works great. I can check on what is behind my fifth wheel as I go down the highway. I did the install myself and am very pleased after a year of travel. I believe they are now available for MY 2020 and 2021. Mine is a 2019.

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
I noticed today when going down the highway I can push the camera button above the Nav screen and the bed/cargo view is displayed. If I push the button a second time a blue screen appears with a no camera symbol. I suspect if I had the Aux camera plugged in, this blue screen would be the Aux view.
B&W Companion

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've been reading up looking at new trucks, and that is one thing I'd like to have. I know the RAM does not, and the GM's does on their higher trims with the invisible trailer option, but not on the lower trims, it only allows it at low speeds.
GM has a rearview mirror that is a screen for the rear facing camera, and you can use that on the highway. It'd be great if you could wire an RV camera into the mirror.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
:^^^^Now that you mention that the 2020 only allows the selection of the front camera while going forward I remember the first night I got my truck I used Forscan to make various changes to the computer .... one of those changes was to be able to turn on the cameras. Because I can select the bed camera while travelling forward at highway speeds, I’m betting if I plugged in an Aux camera it would be selectable as well.

If you try it, let me know if it works.
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
:^^^^Now that you mention that the 2020 only allows the selection of the front camera while going forward I remember the first night I got my truck I used Forscan to make various changes to the computer .... one of those changes was to be able to turn on the cameras. Because I can select the bed camera while travelling forward at highway speeds, I’m betting if I plugged in an Aux camera it would be selectable as well.
B&W Companion

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
On my previous truck if I wanted a rear view display while traveling down the highway I had to move the gear shift lever into reverse while I selected the camera that I wanted. The 2021 will allow me to select the bed camera while moving forward. I am considering purchasing the AUX camera to mount on the back of my trailer. Will the new Ford camera system allow me to select AUX and continuously display this camera view on the sync screen?

Unless something is different with the 21 models my 20 will not allow any camera selection other than in reverse. That includes the auxiliary camera for the rv, which I have. The only camera I can select going forward is the front mounted camera and it only works at below 10 mph I think. The only option I have seen is a work around that some company markets that requires removal and rewiring of the dash monitor. Not anything I would do. I have a Furrion camera that came with our Pinnacle and I use it for going down the road. Since I already had the Ford camera I installed it also and use it for backing.
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

cummins2014 wrote:
4x4ord wrote:

Do you know how the TPMS works for your fifth wheel ,I hear thats also an option ,along with a camera. That seems like a nice option, would eliminate having a aftermarket TPMS for the fifth wheel, plus not having to have the extra monitor in the cab.

When I ordered my 2020 I ordered the Trailer TPMS option at $400.. I figured it would be integrated directly into the dash settings and I would not have that extra monitor on the dash.

When I ordered it, I could not find any info on it but still decided to go forward with it.

Once It came in I read the Install directions and it would NOT work with my Trailer wheels.... They are Hispec Series 03 17.5"... The system needs 2 specificities things:
#1 - Wheel contour of J... mine was HH
#2 - .453" valve stem hole, mine are .625

Sold it unused for $400... no harm-no foul

Joe
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
There's also a aftermarket TPMS out there now that runs on your smart phone ,good option other then having to have that extra monitor in the cab. Not many of us now days that don't have there phone on in the truck laying there .

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:

Do you know how the TPMS works for your fifth wheel ,I hear thats also an option ,along with a camera. That seems like a nice option, would eliminate having a aftermarket TPMS for the fifth wheel, plus not having to have the extra monitor in the cab.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Since no one is posting, I'll bump this, and say, the people in this country, have become a society of cameras. Our phones, front/rear, our vehicles have multiple cameras, our homes (mine anyway) security cameras inside/outside. A good thing I guess, hard on crime/thieves, surveillance is everywhere! 🙂

Hope you get an answer 4x4ord, I am guessing with the aux feature, it should work, but IDK.

Jerry