Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Resuming Rving... ideas dealing with Covid.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Resuming Rving... ideas dealing with Covid.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/21 06:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

We're all gonna die!

Yes and you may die a lot sooner than many of us who do take this pandemic seriously. It is no joke.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, soon to have SiO2 batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/21 09:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Although some states also appears to be sabotaging it heartlessly and recklessly exposing their own constituents to death and suffering. That makes route planning a lot more challenging.

Heartlessly and Recklessly? LOL.

Are you of the belief that bureaucracy at the state level is more inept than bureaucracy at the federal level? How about Dr Fauci? What a buffoon. Masks were not suggested, then they were but you were OK tying a dish rag across your face, then 2 were suggested, is it now 3 or 4? Can this guy move a goalpost or what?

16 states and counting have decided the cure has been worse than the disease economically, educationally, psychologically, the list goes on. So perhaps not visit them.

Of course you'll always have a never ending supply of sheeple such as the ones wearing a mask while driving alone, who think a cloud of virus will spew from the defroster vent or blow in with a cold front.

We're all gonna die!

Dang, what have you been reading and listening to? Is he talking to you from the grave?

Suggested reading, Lancet Medical Journal saying that 40% of Covid deaths could have been prevented had leadership went on denial.. The read on the cases and death rates of cities and states not doing the mask mandates.

Oops, math may not be your strong suit, really someone telling you to put in 3 too 4 masks?

Yup, Darwin is not quick enough.

* This post was edited 03/06/21 09:54am by Yosemite Sam1 *

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/21 05:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cracks me up seeing people driving in their cars alone with masks on. The dimwits don't seem to understand that these cloth masks really on provide a modicum of protection for others around the mask wearer. The dishrag over your nose and mouth does ZERO to keep you from inhaling the virus.

Other than wearing masks when entering a public area (store etc), and working from home still, my routine and actions have been largely unchanged. We still go out to eat with friends of ours on the weekend, we still go RVing. I have sanitizer with me I use after pumping gas and after being in the restaurant. But, other than that, life is pretty much unaffected.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/21 06:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

GDS-3950BH wrote:

We're all gonna die!

Yes and you may die a lot sooner than many of us who do take this pandemic seriously. It is no joke.

I MAY also hot the Powerball tonight, but I also MAY not.
You MAY strangle yourself with your mask strings, but you also MAY not.

Merrykalia

Appalachian (apple at chun) Mtn in the GREAT SW Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/21 06:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

Merrykalia wrote:

While in NOLA just after Christmas, the city had a "mask mandate" when IN PUBLIC and 95% of people complied with it. Most all of the stores in the city were requiring masks if you came in. I saw several people be turned away from entering restaurants and stores because they refused the wear a mask. It was also that way in Galveston at the pier. We went to a restaurant there and they had tables spread out pretty well and servers were masked.

If the OP is paranoid (possibly with good reason), partying on Bourbon Street doesn't make a lot of sense. Masks or no masks.

Taking a walk by himself in the woods and then showering in his RV shower...no significant risk.

My intentions were to say that most people were abiding by the mandate and not complaining about using the masks and the mandate was being backed up by the stores/restaurnts. We were not "partying" since we were there with our two teenage daughters and were there during the day. Most everything closed down about 8 pm so there is very little partying going on there at the moment.

2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/21 08:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

pianotuna wrote:

GDS-3950BH wrote:

We're all gonna die!

I MAY also hot the Powerball tonight, but I also MAY not.
You MAY strangle yourself with your mask strings, but you also MAY not.

Yup, except your chances of getting Covid is a lot higher than winning the Powerball.

And being strangled by mask strings? Come on, are you a baby? Maybe not even.

Again, nobody intrudes in your rights to be a Darwin awardee, it's when you pull people down with you by your reckless behavior.

Try that. Nobody wills stop you running you truck down the steepest ravine. But ram someone off it somebody else to take them with you and you'll get a charge of homicide or murder if intent is proven.

wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/21 10:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Or maybe re-do the West Coast
Absolutely gorgeous out here in Glamis CA. Tons of space if you can find beauty in the desert. Its very easy for a family to have a blast camping and not be close to other people if thats something youre worried about. $35 per week and its boondocking. Which to me is a good thing and what we prefer. There are guys who will come out and pump your tanks and give you water if needed. There is a rental company as well if you want to drive an ATV or SXS. Very family orientated you see happy little kiddos everywhere.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/21 10:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wopachop wrote:

... $35 per week and its boondocking. Which to me is a good thing and what we prefer...

And you can't find anything this cheap in CA, lol.

4x4van

California

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/21 04:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jdc1 wrote:

Many people have contracted it numerous times.

100% false.[emoticon]

We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R (2), '85 TriZinger, '07 TRX400EX, '12 Husky TE310
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II, '95 FX1

4x4van

California

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/21 04:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

duplicate

* This post was edited 03/10/21 08:14am by 4x4van *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Resuming Rving... ideas dealing with Covid.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.