Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Resuming Rving... ideas dealing with Covid.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Resuming Rving... ideas dealing with Covid.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Ivylog

Blairsville, GA and WPB, FL.

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/21 05:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The OP has underlying health issues making for a difficult time if he gets it. We on the other hand do not and have not stopped living life. Fortunately our area has only killed a few restaurants, most other businesses haven’t slowed down and our schools have been open for in person learning (if desired) since September. We had no mask 14 family member, super spreader events at Labor Day, Thanksgiving, & Christmas without anyone getting sick.

Depending on where you live and your health condition you can let this thing limit what you do or not. We chose not and went West on short notice this past summer for 6 weeks and currently in SE Florida limiting our going out to eat to only 2-3 times a week. Have booked 2 cruises in October which hopefully will not get canceled.

Contrary to a previous post, there are 22 states with a higher death rate than Georgia which hasn’t shut down and 26 worst than Florida that is open too. The worst states have 250+ deaths/100K while FL has 148 as of 3/8/2021.

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/21 08:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ivylog wrote:

The OP has underlying health issues making for a difficult time if he gets it. We on the other hand do not and have not stopped living life. Fortunately our area has only killed a few restaurants, most other businesses haven’t slowed down and our schools have been open for in person learning (if desired) since September. We had no mask 14 family member, super spreader events at Labor Day, Thanksgiving, & Christmas without anyone getting sick.

Depending on where you live and your health condition you can let this thing limit what you do or not. We chose not and went West on short notice this past summer for 6 weeks and currently in SE Florida limiting our going out to eat to only 2-3 times a week. Have booked 2 cruises in October which hopefully will not get canceled.

Contrary to a previous post, there are 22 states with a higher death rate than Georgia which hasn’t shut down and 26 worst than Florida that is open too. The worst states have 250+ deaths/100K while FL has 148 as of 3/8/2021.

Indeed, our genetic curse.

And yes, we have attempted to not stop RVing.

In fact, in the height of the pandemic, we had a camping trip to Lassen Volcanic National Park on the thought that California has a very strict mask and social distancing mandates.

But it seems "strict" is nothing to the reckless, thoughtless and functional illiterate. Despite the bold letters ubiquitous bulletins and reminders from Park Rangers, not a few visitors continue to ignore it.

A group without mask even tauntingly milled around a masked senior couple, a woman in wheelchair, and you can see in their faces that they are worried and scared and can't move fast enough to be out of there. It must have so discouraged them that they did not bother to check in, just boarded their van and exited the park.

fullmoonoversalem

Alaska

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/26/21 08:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walaby wrote:

Cracks me up seeing people driving in their cars alone with masks on. The dimwits don't seem to understand that these cloth masks really on provide a modicum of protection for others around the mask wearer. The dishrag over your nose and mouth does ZERO to keep you from inhaling the virus.

Other than wearing masks when entering a public area (store etc), and working from home still, my routine and actions have been largely unchanged. We still go out to eat with friends of ours on the weekend, we still go RVing. I have sanitizer with me I use after pumping gas and after being in the restaurant. But, other than that, life is pretty much unaffected.

Mike

I can't understand why it it of any concern if someone is wearing a mask in another vehicle. You have no idea why they are doing so. I did last winter when we had -24 degree F. I did when I rented a car. I did when I drove someone's car to have it repaired. Perhaps they are ill and don't want to risk contamination of their vehicle. Instead of mocking them, perhaps showing a little concern for other individuals would make more sense.

To be so concerned about such a thing is so useless.

2017 Coachmen Galleria

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/27/21 10:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fullmoonoversalem wrote:

... Instead of mocking them, perhaps showing a little concern for other individuals would make more sense.

To be so concerned about such a thing is so useless.

Indeed, a waste of energy. I only gets concerned if their behavior intrudes or poses risk to me or the community.

BTW, we've resumed RVing post our 2nd dose.

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/21 01:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ivylog,

Florida is not giving updates on numbers. It makes them "look good".

* This post was edited 04/27/21 02:00pm by pianotuna *

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, soon to have SiO2 batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/27/21 02:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Governors hiding numbers are more scary than an accurate reporting of high case (eg Michigan).

I recall the Florida governor actually sued, raided the home and arrested a health official who was reporting the real numbers of cases and deaths..

fullmoonoversalem

Alaska

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/27/21 10:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The State of Alaska is offering free immunizations for tourists. This is to support tourism in the state.

Check the news article here.

NoVa RT

Northern Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/21 11:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

I recall the Florida governor actually sued, raided the home and arrested a health official who was reporting the real numbers of cases and deaths.

You might want to dig a little deeper. That fired employee was dropped from her graduate program for misconduct, was arrested for cyberstalking, and has made allegations that haven’t held up. More here.

2013 RT 190-Popular

Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/21 04:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

0.007% percent chance of getting infected IF you get the vaccine. Not dying, not getting sick, just getting infected.
Live your life!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Resuming Rving... ideas dealing with Covid.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.