cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

4 seasons toy haulers under 5000lbs dry weight?

pegtwenty
Explorer
Explorer
In the market for a travel trailer w/ a garage (at least 6ftx6ftjust for cargo) and was wondering if there exist any with four seasons capabilities such that we can have running water in say, 25F weather. And of these, are there any that are less than 5000 lbs dry weight?
9 REPLIES 9

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer
i do not believe there are any true four season campers. there are some that are better but better insulated equals weight. there are several that would work for short trips in the cold but be careful of condensation especially with campers/toyhaulers built with aluminum tubes in the walls.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Arctic Fox toy hauler comes to mind
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
We camped in the 20s at Yellowstone with our Sand Sport and it was plenty warm inside. I think the roof vents and single pane windows which are common among most all trailers are the major heat losses more so than the rear ramp door.

All the water hoses are like every other trailer.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

MikeDupont
Explorer
Explorer
I've done 20s regularly (with above freezing daytime temps) in a TT with a slide (now Theres a leak point) so i wouldnt think that would be a problem for you as long as you are careful with your water/fluids. I seem to remember seeing a couple of models recently that advertised ducted/heated underbelly. Sorry, cant rem what they were but the were in the 21-22' range.

3TV
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't avoid cold weather in "any" toyhauler. Our very first trip out in our Momentum 350G was a weekend stay at an RV park in Beaver, UT, in early January. Night time temps were in the low teens, and daytime temps in the low 30s. We had no problems from the cold weather, or anything else for that matter. We did burn about 5 gallons of propane running the furnace that weekend though. And our 350G is somewhat over the 5000 lb dry weight the OP asked about.

2019 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie SWB 4x4
2020 Lance 825
2021 Grand Design Momentum 350G

dedmiston
theoldwizard1 wrote:
Good luck on the "4 seasons" part ! I would not trust any "toy hauler" with plumbing when temps are in the low 20s !

What's that based on?

Our temps drop into the 20s a couple of times a year, and we haven't had any trouble with either of our haulers.

What makes a toy hauler more vulnerable to the cold than any other trailer?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
theoldwizard1 wrote:
Good luck on the "4 seasons" part ! I would not trust any "toy hauler" with plumbing when temps are in the low 20s !

Care to explain why?

Other than the back door ours is built pretty much like any other RV and the plumbing is completely clear of the garage area...not that the garage door lets in any significant increase in cold.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
We have a Gray Wolf 22RR.

While it's not officially sold as 4 season, it meets the technical requirements. We've had it in the low 20's several times with no issues.

Never drained the fresh water system. I do try to drain the waste tanks before a really cold night but that's habit as much as anything else.

It surprised us how easy it is to heat. Down to about 30F and a 1500w space heater is enough that the furnace never kicks on. We've only had it down to about 20F so not sure where the furnace would meet it's limit.

4871 empty and 2800lb CCC.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV