cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

removing shades & valance

gamma3116
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to know if anyone has removed the day and night shades and the valance in their own 5th wheel. I've have felt for screws and hardware on the valances but can't find any. Thank You for any help. Jeff

P.S. I have a 5th wheel trailer with 4 slide outs and its a 2012, one shade has the string broken, another will not pulled down straight.
6 REPLIES 6

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
On ours we removed the roller shades and replaced them with drapes. The shades were clipped in and didn't require removing the valences. I left the brackets there to reinstall the roller shades when/if we sell.

I used the valances to attach the curtain rods.

2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Keep looking they are there I have done it many times to restring the shades like was said sometimes an L bracket and some screws in the corners on the inside they are hard to see sometimes hidden in fabric and yes they get stripped in the Cardboard walls so be carefull or like me you just make new holes next to the old ones my wall is starting to look like Swiss cheese:B
2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
Man it has been a long time.

As I recall mine are screwed right into the wall. Used a long screw bit. Finding those screw heads was a challenge.

jwireman89
Explorer
Explorer
The day/night shades on my fifth wheel snap into a bracket. It isn't necessary to remove the valance to take down the shade. A small screwdriver may be used to unsnap the shade. After fixing the shade, measure to be sure the shade is centered on the window and push up to snap it back into the bracket.

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
On my Jayco, the screws for the blind/ shade are on the front of the top of the shade going up. The valance mounted by L brackets that the top ones only can be removed after the blind is out.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
On our trailer, they are held on with upside down "L" brackets that are screwed into the wall. The valance sits on the bracket and is held on via a screw from the underside. It is necessary to remove them to work on the blinds or remove the blinds. It is not necessary to remove the screws into the wall or remove the bracket.

I have removed mine several times to replace the strings in the blinds. To get the Valance off, I raised the blind about half way and then stuck a long screwdriver up under the valance to take out the screws (2). The screwdriver I used was at least 12 inches or more long. Found it at a flea market in Florida many years ago.:)

Removing them was the easy part. Putting them back was a bit harder as you had to guess as to the proper placement of the valance in hopes of getting the screws back into the previous holes in the wood. I found the best way was to first put a screw up through the bracket, hold it there with long screwdriver, and then place the valance on top and fish around for the hole and start the screw in. Then repeat on the other end of the valance. When you get that screw started, finish the job on that end and then move back to the first screw and tighten that one up.

Doing it that way will eliminate a long frustrating time trying to fish the screw into the hole from below and you can't see what you are doing.
Found this out the hard way!:R
Hope this helps you out. ๐Ÿ™‚
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine