cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Going to need a carrier and sim for MiFi this summer.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a MoFi 4500 LTE hot spot, and I gave up on Over the Road Mobile the first of the year. So when we head North in May I need to sign up with a new carrier. Who has the best deal going right now? T-M, ATT and VZW are expensive and seem to be limiting their plans, so will be looking for another third party reseller.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021
13 REPLIES 13

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
It is all about Location.
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
wa8yxm wrote:
The Best deal is via FMCA at the moment in my opinion
FMCA now accepts trailer owners
You need to be a member (With out looking I think it's about 50/year)
You need to pay a set up fee (Also about 50)
And it's about 50/month
Sprint/T-Mobile UNLIMITED DATA and by that I mean you have no limits. NO throttling. No limits... Speeds vary with location Coverage is .... Well go to the T-Mobile or Sprint web pages and take a look

2 year contract is a no go for me. What if I can not get service in one or both of my summer/winter locations?
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The Best deal is via FMCA at the moment in my opinion
FMCA now accepts trailer owners
You need to be a member (With out looking I think it's about 50/year)
You need to pay a set up fee (Also about 50)
And it's about 50/month
Sprint/T-Mobile UNLIMITED DATA and by that I mean you have no limits. NO throttling. No limits... Speeds vary with location Coverage is .... Well go to the T-Mobile or Sprint web pages and take a look
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
ford truck guy wrote:

** ON Edit
It looks like their coverage in WA is not the best - coverage map
Joe

I had good speed and signal from T-Mobile for a couple years and then it went into dumpster. They gave me a booster setup and did not help. I switched to OTR Mobile with an ATT sim and it worked ok. Then ATT keep changing sims on OTR. So I really need something that uses ATT sim. Our Consumer Cellular phones have the ATT sim. VZW was marginal at our site, and I switched to T-M.

Bill.Satellite wrote:
You do know that making a $200 donation does not reduce your taxes by $200, right? $500 - $200 donation does NOT equal $300 cost. It's closer to $495.

and divide that by 12 months.... $41.25
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
You do know that making a $200 donation does not reduce your taxes by $200, right? $500 - $200 donation does NOT equal $300 cost. It's closer to $495.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

I know this sounds funny, but what I am going to tell you works, It really does work..... I have a friend that has been using it for 3+ years, and I started last month...

I useThe Calyx Institute

You pay $500 for the 1st year and $400 for every year after that.. With that money you get to choose between a T mobile Franklin T9 or Linkzone 2 and proper SIM card.. you get truly unlimited wifi.. I used 60GB in a week last month with no throttling..

You also get a receipt to submit up to $200 as a donation and tax deduction.. Since the Calyx Institute is technically a non profit...

After the $200 tax deduction, its $300 for the first year =$25 a month, then drops to $200 for the second year = $16.67

I know it is not what you asked, but it works.. and since T mobile and Sprint joined forces, the coverage is good...

** ON Edit
It looks like their coverage in WA is not the best - coverage map
Joe
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
1492 wrote:

I'm currently using my MoFi 4500LTE with AT&T w/400GB of monthly 4G high speed mobile allowance for $99. month. But not sure if the plan is still available for new subscribers.

I would jump on that in a Microsoft minute! However that plan no longer appears available.

Me Again wrote:
We have a MoFi 4500 LTE hot spot...

I have the same mobile router, though be cautious about using it with a Visible SIM as its a non-approved device, and your account can be cancelled without notice. Some have had success with a Verizon branded hotspot device using Visible.

I'm currently using my MoFi 4500LTE with AT&T w/400GB of monthly 4G high speed mobile allowance for $99. month. But not sure if the plan is still available for new subscribers.

rav
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with Phil-t,we have Visible and it works great. Where are you going? Several places in Maine where only Verizon works.

phil-t
Explorer
Explorer
Where, north? Have you considered Visible? They use Verizon infrastruture, for the most part. Check out their coverage map on line. Check your phone compatibility there as well. We have had very good luck with them this winter.
2014 Allegro 36LA

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
We dropped verizon after 10 years. One phone and a mifi was costing $150 a month 24 gig.
Went with over 65 deal with T-Mobile 2 Samsung g5 phones 3 year contract no cost of phones if we fulfill the contract. Unlimited data but a slowdown or back down of 5g after five gig.
Both phones can be hotspot or tethered. $100 per month includes taxes.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
If you want cheaper you're going to have fewer places you can get service.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman