Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV Rebuild Website - Online soon - Input?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> RV Rebuild Website - Online soon - Input?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Homeless by Choice

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/21 07:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BobsYourUncle wrote:

Homeless by Choice wrote:

I just opened your webpage on my 15" Win10 laptop and the pics were still out of bounds. It makes it so hard to read that I wouldn't follow the website. On the very positive side, the type face, size, and color selection are very good. It makes reading very easy.

Please continue with your good work,
LeRoy

Thanks LeRoy, I appreciate the feedback.
There are some dotted margins for me to follow to adhere to the screen size parameters. When I edited it 10 minutes after posting, I made sure I was within the lines.
I am wondering why it is out for you... All I can think of is that perhaps your laptop runs at a lower resolution than most.
Do you know what res it runs at?
I will do whatever I can to make sure it works on all devices.
Hitting F5 will reload it to the latest changes too.

Thanks.

How do I determine resolution? "Do you know what res it runs at?"

LeRoy

Homeless by Choice
FULL TIMER since 2012
2015 Chevy 3500, Duramax, 4X4, DRW, Crew cab, Long bed
2013 Northern Lite 8'11"Q Sportsman truck camper
2015 Polaris RZR Side by Side

noteven

Turtle Island

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/21 07:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The page looks good on an iPad mini. Bob

BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/21 07:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LeRoy

Right click on your desktop, no programs open, then select Display Settings"
A few items down it will say Display Resolution"

My 17" Win 10 laptop runs at 1920 X 1080. This is likely why I had it so far out of whack the first time. It looked perfect on my screen!

2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ
Dmax/Allison

2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS - 32'

RV Rebuild Website
Currently under construction, big project! Will change this when done.

BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/21 07:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

noteven wrote:

The page looks good on an iPad mini. Bob

Thanks.

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/21 02:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bob it fits good and looks good, on my 10" Lenovo android tablet, resolution is 1920×1200 using landscape mode,
I haven't checked it on my 17" HP laptop
But I know it's only 1440 wide, and the site as is, will be too wide and require side to side scrolling
LaptoPS TVs and pc displays, are physically huge compared to tablets and phones, tend to be higher structural quality, and pricy , and replaced less often, so that many of these items , remain in use for many years, and consequently have lower resolutions than most tablets and phones
A 1400 ? Wide webpage will reduce side scrolling for most users and still look good on smaller devices that have higher resolutions,

You can have higher resolution pictures resized ôr displayed at lower resolution and enlarge to original resolution when clicked on by a viewer

* This post was edited 03/04/21 03:06am by MrWizard *

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/21 04:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is a great idea. I'll be following.
The information will be helpful for current members doing a rebuild or repairs on their rig.
And, we often see new members who bought a unit that needs work. A video about rebuilding/restoring will help someone decide if they want to attempt the project.
Keep up the good work!

Homeless by Choice

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/21 06:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BobsYourUncle wrote:

LeRoy

Right click on your desktop, no programs open, then select Display Settings"
A few items down it will say Display Resolution"

My 17" Win 10 laptop runs at 1920 X 1080. This is likely why I had it so far out of whack the first time. It looked perfect on my screen!

Thanks, here is what I have:
1366 X 768 (Recommended) and Landscape

mgirardo

Brunswick, GA

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/21 07:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It looks fine on my 27" Monitors at 2560x1440 and the laptop's 17" screen at 1920x1080. On my phone, a Motorola One 5G-UW, the photos look fine stacked one after the other, but the font size should be smaller.

-Michael

Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/21 09:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MrWizard wrote:

Bob it fits good and looks good, on my 10" Lenovo android tablet, resolution is 1920×1200 using landscape mode,
I haven't checked it on my 17" HP laptop
But I know it's only 1440 wide, and the site as is, will be too wide and require side to side scrolling
LaptoPS TVs and pc displays, are physically huge compared to tablets and phones, tend to be higher structural quality, and pricy , and replaced less often, so that many of these items , remain in use for many years, and consequently have lower resolutions than most tablets and phones
A 1400 ? Wide webpage will reduce side scrolling for most users and still look good on smaller devices that have higher resolutions,

You can have higher resolution pictures resized or displayed at lower resolution and enlarge to original resolution when clicked on by a viewer

One of the challenges I am facing is finding a happy medium that works on most devices.
All the newer ones have a much higher screen resolution, which makes all the difference in the world. I would hazard a guess that the average person doesn't really understand screen resolution and what it does. Change to 640X480 and it will be way off the screen, forcing side scroll. But then take my 17" laptop that I am building this thing on at 1920 X 1080 and everything looks small with lots of excess room on the sides.

There is a setting in the Wix software where I build the site in normal desktop view, and stay within the suggested boundaries they have in the work area and it should format properly to most devices.

There is a further setting to format it for mobile so it will work on phones and tablets.
But what I don't know here is how it determines if you are on a desktop, be it a PC or Mac, or if you are on an ipad or a phone. Somehow it gets determined by the device I guess. Some sites I visit have a button click here for mobile.

You shouldn't have to side scroll to see any site - that is very annoying!

Last night I fixed the vertically stacked text that says Coming Soon. I opened it on my phone and it reverted back to the way it was. I'm sure I saved and published it... I just re-did it again.

You mentioned the pics and the sizes. I will look at that too. I didn't pay a lot of attention to it when I first set it up. One of the many things I have to refine. But the picture of the old trailer is a huge crop of a larger one, and it is saved as only a 77K file, at 640X477, small. I cannot find the original pic at 1.5 megs or whatever it was.

Thank you for your input. It really helps! [emoticon]

I will keep playing with it and tweaking the settings etc.

BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/21 09:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mgirardo wrote:

It looks fine on my 27" Monitors at 2560x1440 and the laptop's 17" screen at 1920x1080. On my phone, a Motorola One 5G-UW, the photos look fine stacked one after the other, but the font size should be smaller.

-Michael

Thanks for the suggestion.
I reduced the font size on all the bottom text.
I left the header alone.

If you refresh your screen it should be smaller now. Don't want to make it too small so some need a magnifying glass to read it too!! [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> RV Rebuild Website - Online soon - Input?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.