Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Height of class C?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Height of class C?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
coolmom42

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/21 04:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bukhrn wrote:

I personally measured my Forester on the E450 chassis at 11-4 to the top of the AC.

Thank you!

Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

coolmom42

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/21 04:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do plan to measure... right now my RV is at a RV repair shop getting some things taken care of and a thorough leak check. I won't have it back for a couple of weeks, and need to calculate dimensions for a concrete pad and shed.

Thanks for the tips.

coolmom42

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/21 04:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gjac wrote:

I have noticed over the years the MFG web sites show less and less information, however if you download the Freelander Brochure located under Tools it says the height is with the AC. How do you like your Freelander? How does it handle? On paper it looks good 50 gals of FW more than most Class C's, 2600 lbs CCC, Large storage in the rear.

I haven't driven it a lot. I do know that probably one of the first things I'm going to do, as soon as I get it back from the repair shop, is check the tire pressure. I'm going to load it, fill the water tank, get some accurate weights, and adjust the tire inflation. If that doesn't help the ride, it's getting some frequency damping shocks before I take it very far.

That 4500 chassis is what Coachmen uses for all their Chevy Class Cs and man is it STIFF, for the weight of the smallest one!

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/21 04:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

coolmom42 wrote:

I do plan to measure... right now my RV is at a RV repair shop getting some things taken care of and a thorough leak check. I won't have it back for a couple of weeks, and need to calculate dimensions for a concrete pad and shed.

Thanks for the tips.

Why cant' someone at the repair shop measure what you need ?
When you drop off an rv at a repair shop, drop off a dozen donuts or bagels too. Mechanics like to measure things when their tummy's are full. [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Height of class C?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.