cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denso A/C Controls need Repair - How to get to them?

gb76087
Explorer
Explorer
2007 Fleetwood F53 chassis, the temperature selection knob has pulled out dropping a small gear that apparently fits on the selection shaft and adjusts the heat temperature. I have attached a picture of my dash and am hoping someone can direct me on how to remove/access the backside of the controls.

2007 Fleeteood TERRA LX 34N
F53, 362hp V10
9 REPLIES 9

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
gb76087 wrote:
Sorry Doug,I looked at the Service Manual PDF.
Page 29 would probably be closer to mine, but neither page goes into enough detail to show how the temperature knob and gear fit back together.

You will never find that type info. The parts are only complete and nothing will show breakdown of the control assbly. Doug

gb76087
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry Doug,I looked at the Service Manual PDF.
Page 29 would probably be closer to mine, but neither page goes into enough detail to show how the temperature knob and gear fit back together.
F53, 362hp V10

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
had to do mine take radio out.take radio bracket out. control unit is held in with tabs straiten tabs to pull unit out

gb76087
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry about the delay in posting back. Been involved in other "opportunities". I've attached photos of what I have. The knob came out through the front and the white gear fell from the back. The dash is attached to the front trim with screws, not sure of the part that holds the radio and climate controls.
Doug,I looked at that website and I've been unable to find anything similar to what I have.

F53, 362hp V10

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Are you saying the Temp selector knob just turns freely(spins) without engaging the control shaft? Doug

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have the manual? In my FB group "Winnebago Vista 36Y owners", I have a "files" section with the Denso manual.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
look up under the dash and find the fasteners /screws /or what every they used to secure the section to the main dash. Mirror and flashlight needed. Does your dash lift up. My Newmar did.