cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tow Bar Not Locking?

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
I bought a Blue Ox Ascent tow bar. I used it to tow my Jeep. I sold the tow bar on eBay. The buyer said it is broken. He said it rattles and one of the legs will not lock. I don't know if he is correct. That's not something I ever checked. I was happy that when I towed my Jeep I could unhook and the bars would retract. I don't remember if I had to push both levers to get them both to retract. Is it as simple as pulling out the 2 legs and both should snap extended or is it possible that he doesn't know what he's doing either?
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV
4 REPLIES 4

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
crawford

I think Blue Ox has a 3-year warranty for the original owner only, which is me. I wrote to Blue Ox and they said they would send me a prepaid shipping label, which they did. I sent it in and I am waiting to see if they will fix it for free. I will try to remember to update this thread with the results.

Steve

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
my Demco has a lifetime warranty blue Qx doen't ? I sent mine in twice for check ups they serviced it sent it back free. Great Company I would say.
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
John Wayne wrote:
When you pull legs out they lock into place. When you push the lever down on each leg the legs are able to be pushed back into the arms. The Tow bar is rebuildable and you can get parts on line. If no major part is broken. Blue Ox will no longer recondition a tow bar over 7 years old at RV shows any more. Use to have mine redone at Quartzsite every 2 years

Thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll look into rebuilding it or paying someone to rebuild it. I suppose I can find videos about it on YouTube.

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
When you pull legs out they lock into place. When you push the lever down on each leg the legs are able to be pushed back into the arms. The Tow bar is rebuildable and you can get parts on line. If no major part is broken. Blue Ox will no longer recondition a tow bar over 7 years old at RV shows any more. Use to have mine redone at Quartzsite every 2 years
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH