cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is this a 10 speed Ford?

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
Renting a U Haul today. 2021 E chassis. Is it a 10 speed? I have to look under the hood and see what motor it is too.

Currently RV-less but not done yet.
8 REPLIES 8

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
Final update, I think it had a small exhaust leak on one side that would have accounted for the sounds I was hearing.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grit dog wrote:
klutchdust wrote:
I believe the 10 speed was introduced into their Raptor pickup models. I have heard of a 6 speed in the bigger platforms. My Jeep rubicon

has 8 speeds and it shifts 4 times before i get through a major 4 way intersection and does nothing to improve mileage. I believe the only

way to get decent mileage out of a motor home is to never use it.

Say wut???

exactly, too much coffee on an empty stomach that day.

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah I soon figured out it was a six speed. I knew I had read about the ten speed but forgot it was in the class A chassis. It is a good trans. MPG of the truck is good too. Power seems comparable to the 6.0 V8 of my Chevy Sunseeker. This one runs higher revs at a given road speed. Whether in TH mode or not.

Although, with only 21K miles, this thing sounds horrendous on a cold start. Does it have solid lifters??? It clatters, there is a loud roar probably the fan, and the exhaust is loud. But after a minute itโ€™s okay. I do hear what sounds like lifters when it down shifts.

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
2021 E-series is 7.3L V8 only. But they offer an โ€œeconomyโ€ tune for fleets, which u-haul likely orders.

All have the 6R140 TorqueShift 6-speed.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Its a supply problem I understand.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
It has a six speed transmission. The ten speed is not (and has not) been available for the E series chassis.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
klutchdust wrote:
I believe the 10 speed was introduced into their Raptor pickup models. I have heard of a 6 speed in the bigger platforms. My Jeep rubicon

has 8 speeds and it shifts 4 times before i get through a major 4 way intersection and does nothing to improve mileage. I believe the only

way to get decent mileage out of a motor home is to never use it.

Say wut???
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
I believe the 10 speed was introduced into their Raptor pickup models.Nothing in the Motorhome chassis.