cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV fridge compressor conversion

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I read in another thread that it didn't look like JC refrigeration offered their compressor conversion kits for absorption fridges anymore. Going to their website, there is nothing about the product anyplace.

I called and spoke to a gentleman there directly and I'm happy to say that they do indeed still sell them (actually, lots of them). They're available in both DC and AC models.
There's just something wrong with their site.

Cheers,
Scott
5 REPLIES 5

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
NRALIFR wrote:
They’re right here.

They call them “HVAC Units”

:):)

Yes, I know that's where they are supposed to be (and once were) but they weren't there earlier today. I talked to the sales rep this AM and he fixed the issue. 😉

S

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
They’re right here.

They call them “HVAC Units”

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 ‘Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam types………..Let’s Go Brandon!!!

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I think price depends on model - I provided a link to them in my post above. You can email or call them directly.
Seems to me it was $700~$800 for a 12V unit to fit my Norcold 1095. 120VAC units are a bit less.
They use a Danfoss type compressor that's very efficient and the cooling unit itself is far more powerful than the old absorption unit.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Their site works well for me. When my refrigerator goes bad I will be having their replacement installed, nothing but good write ups from those that have. I'll add there is a link on the JC refrigeration to a "Snip Tip" to better control temp in the refrigerator. It is not a JC product.
STAY AWAY FROM THE SNIP TIP!
The tip requires the thermaster on the cooling fins be cut off and the new installed. The entire process is cut two wire and twist two together for the install, they say NO polarity just attach the two wires. I had an issue and emailed them asking why the box was colder before the install. I got a cover your a$$ answer from "Snip Tip" that was very snippy, saying it has to be "installed by experienced technicians".
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
How much are the conversions?

Might we worth looking into a new 12v compressor fridge. Manufacturers are putting them into new RVs, so they must not be crazy expensive. I don't know the long term durability but for the same size opening in the cabinet...you get a huge bump up in interior space.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV