cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toy Hauler Trip Reports

dedmiston
It's been a while since anyone has posted a trip report here.

Next time you go out, take some pictures and post them up. Let's see where you went and what you rode.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230
16 REPLIES 16

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
the new breed of two strokes are amazing. I'm racing a 2020 Husqvarna TE300i and it is magic. My son just bought the Rockstar edition of the bike.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
3TV wrote:
1320Fastback wrote:

My bike, a KX500 in a Honda CRF frame performed flawlessly. The wife's YZ250 had reed issues unfortunately. She did get to go on a few rides in friends buggies or side by sides so not all was lost.

Gotta give a shout out the the man and his wife that still ride two-strokes these days. Keep it up.

It's all either of us has ever ridden. I started with a RM125 when I was younger but since I was a big desert rider I switched to a KX500 soon after and have had one big bore or another for the last 30 years. My current bike will keep being rebuilt and refreshed as it is pretty much current frame geometry and suspension. I might pick up a new KTM 300 before California outlaws sales of New 2 strokes.

My wife grew up on kx65s, a KX80, YZ125 and now on her second YZ250 which we just did a complete new top end including the cylinder. Up until our kid was born she raced here in SoCal and tbh is faster than me. Lol
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

3TV
Explorer
Explorer
1320Fastback wrote:

My bike, a KX500 in a Honda CRF frame performed flawlessly. The wife's YZ250 had reed issues unfortunately. She did get to go on a few rides in friends buggies or side by sides so not all was lost.

Gotta give a shout out the the man and his wife that still ride two-strokes these days. Keep it up.
2019 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie SWB 4x4
2020 Lance 825
2021 Grand Design Momentum 350G

mwachel
Explorer
Explorer
1320Fastback wrote:
mwachel wrote:
1320Fastback wrote:
Leaving for Glamis tomorrow afternoon. Will take some pics and post next week. We don't get any kind of cell service out there at all.

I haven't been to Glamis in 30+ years! Post a trip report when you get back so I can live vicariously. WOOT!

Glamis is a 178 mile trip from our house in north San Diego county. We left Thursday around noon and got out there around 4pm. We took i8 the whole way out and then the 115 up to the 78 and on in to Glamis. Btw the 115 is where that terrible accident was a week ago or so where all those immigrants were killed in that crash. The roadside memorial and seeing the skid marks is, well I have no words.

We camp at the Canal, on the west side of it. The area is usually very quiet and our entire group has kids and babies so that's why we go there. It is maybe a 5 min ride to the dunes and just 2 minutes to the drags or Geko Road. The group usually does a kid ride in the morning and then a adult ride in the afternoon when the shadows and definition comes back. Around noon it is very hard to see what's in front of you as the sand is all the same color.

Looks like you had an amazing trip! It sucks about your wife's bike but at least you had friends to back you up with buggies. Thanks for sharing.

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
Our friends go like every week but just doesn't work for us with work, home business and a baby. This was our last trip of the season and have three planned next year.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
Glamis was amazing last week after that wind Wednesday!!!!!!
I burned 70 gallons of gas in 3 days.
Wicked fast rides!!!!!! Can't wait to go back next week!!!!!
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

Y-Guy
1320Fastback thanks for sharing, that just looks HUGE. Never been, but hope to one day.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
mwachel wrote:
1320Fastback wrote:
Leaving for Glamis tomorrow afternoon. Will take some pics and post next week. We don't get any kind of cell service out there at all.

I haven't been to Glamis in 30+ years! Post a trip report when you get back so I can live vicariously. WOOT!

Glamis is a 178 mile trip from our house in north San Diego county. We left Thursday around noon and got out there around 4pm. We took i8 the whole way out and then the 115 up to the 78 and on in to Glamis. Btw the 115 is where that terrible accident was a week ago or so where all those immigrants were killed in that crash. The roadside memorial and seeing the skid marks is, well I have no words.

We camp at the Canal, on the west side of it. The area is usually very quiet and our entire group has kids and babies so that's why we go there. It is maybe a 5 min ride to the dunes and just 2 minutes to the drags or Geko Road. The group usually does a kid ride in the morning and then a adult ride in the afternoon when the shadows and definition comes back. Around noon it is very hard to see what's in front of you as the sand is all the same color.

1992 D250 Cummins 5psd

sin_cal_hd
Explorer
Explorer
We visited Dove Springs this weekend. Our first trip there and it sucked. Windy. Cold. We'll visit again when it warms up.
2015 2500 Ram Mega Cab 4x4
2017 Wolf pack 325
Wife and 2 little boys
2 golden retriever pups

mwachel
Explorer
Explorer
1320Fastback wrote:

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd

mwachel
Explorer
Explorer
I have been posting trip videos on my YouTube channel. Just easier that way...for me.

3TV
Explorer
Explorer
That link is what I used. Thanks.

Lets see some other trip reports, or you are all going to get tired of seeing mine, LOL.
2019 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie SWB 4x4
2020 Lance 825
2021 Grand Design Momentum 350G

Y-Guy
lincster wrote:
My trips are always the same. LOL.

I see it is still hard to post pix on here........

Yes the software is dated, but here is an easy work around.

Just drag & drop a photo, then copy & paste the image link in your message post. Uploads photos directly to IMGUR.com servers. Automatically resizes photos to the max recommended by the forum. Includes a thumbnail preview, and also provides an optional link to permanently delete the photo. Here is the link just click here.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon