cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cell phone service

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
In a couple of weeks, we will be camping in a familiar spot (where we have stayed numerous times). In this camp sight, we have little or no cell service BUT 10 feet outside the trailer door we have cell service.. During the period we will be there, we will be expecting a VERY important call that we would hate to miss.. Anyone know of a way without breaking the bank that we could do to improve our service? External antenna or something??
7 REPLIES 7

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
delete... I found the info I was looking for.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
Try making arrangements to call them at a specific time. On my property we get no service at the campsite. I have to drive my atv half a mile to the top of a hill to get service. While there, we make arrangement to make important calls at arranged times.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
If the call is that important, can you get a different camp site?
Or just reschedule your camping trip.
I would be concerned about the reception at that site if 10 feet makes a major difference.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many many years ago I used a long extension pole that I propped up next to my carport and received McDonalds Wifi from 5 miles away to surf the internet. The pole was 12 to 15 feet and light weight fiberglass. MacD was on a hill higher than my location. Maybe same trick could work as you can quickly lower the phone for incoming call. Awkward but might work weather permitting.

I now have my vest on. Cheers

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Setup a small tent outside, leave the phone in it and have a bluetooth device that will ring when the phone does (or just turn the volume loud enough).

If the reception is poor near the ground, put up a birdfeeder on a pole and stick it inside that.

Flute_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe move to another site. Weโ€™re sale for voicemail.
Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
Jrparr32@gmail.com
602-321-8141
Full-timer

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
Assuming you do not want to purchase an expensive Cellular Signal Booster, I suggest you check out ALL the suggestions listed at this site:

Improve your cellular reception
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad