Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Used “Canadian” trucks
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Used “Canadian” trucks

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Fish mojo

Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/21 09:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been looking at a few used newer model year used heavy duty pick ups. Some I have seen here in the Pacific NW are having Canadian window stickers from new that say “Not for Sale in US”. Dealers are not openly disclosing these are built for Canada ????.

Any potential issues? The one I test drove 2020 Ford F-350 seemed fine and I didn’t realize until I left and did deeper research. I didn’t seem to notice the speedo reading in km. Funny, the dealer said it was the owner’s previous truck from new. Liars.

Lwiddis

Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/21 09:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes! Dealer not being completely candid IMO will cost you money down the line. Bet they try to have you sign a complicated waiver.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist14 yr. Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/21 10:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My neighbor bought one of those about 6 mos ago from a place in Seattle that sells nothing else. It's a 2016 F150 with 35K miles and it has been great. They keep the trucks in "quarantine" for 30 days while they make sure the title is clear and clean them up from stem to stern.
Other than a lot of extra "eh's" in the owners manual, you cannot tell the difference from any other truck. Seriously, there's nothing metric or what ever that jumps out at you.

Mfan

Otsego,Mi

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/21 10:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My daughter bought a Canadian acadia. Dealer reset the odometer to miles vs kilometers. Maybe, they don't meet us emissions?

4x4ord

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/21 10:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They are identical.... the Super Duties, at least, are assembled at Kentucky Truck Plant and I’m quite sure the only difference is the door sticker. Some option packages are unique to Canadian trucks .... ie I think you might be able to buy a 2wd Platinum in the US but all Canadian Platinums come with 4wd. I sold one of my trucks directly to a fellow from South Carolina. There are certain things that must be done prior, but, overall it was a very easy process for him to import it into the US so long as he drove it across the line. Ford warranty transfers 100%. GM has a slight delay and Ram warranty is not transferable across the line.

2021 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/21 10:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

some manuf wont allow warranty work on a Canadian vehicle in the US and vice versa. im sure if you were on vacation and a quick call will change that. but for permanent use in another country that normally a no go.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

blt2ski

Kirkland, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/21 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I saw canadian rigs for sale frequently over that last two three years. My new to 2014 iirc looking, has a metric vs sae reading for odometer etc. Seen them at NEW dealerships selling them as used, along with used only dealerships.

Other than warranty, assuming vehicle is within factory time,mileage etc, not sure I would worry about it.

Marty

92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
00 Chev C2500, V5700, 4L80E, 4.10, base truck, no options!
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

Check RV.Net Blogs at: blog.rv.net

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/21 11:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On the newer trucks, just a button on the dash changes all the readouts from Metric to SAE.

bikendan

Camano Island, Wash.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/21 11:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yep,because of the weaker Canadian dollar, US dealers are buying up off-lease Canadian vehicles.
I bought a used 2014 Canadian F150 XTR a few years ago, from a Washington State dealer. XTR is the Canadian version of the XLT. Only thing I couldn't change was the day/month/year format.

Dan- Firefighter, Retired">, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur">, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP">), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Fish mojo

Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/21 11:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is there a Maple Syrup dispenser on the Canuck models?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Used “Canadian” trucks
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.