Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: New Steps
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> New Steps

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/21 10:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Work2much:
Exactly!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/21 11:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

in the 6 years of owning an RV with the Morryde Steps, I have NEVER been in a spot where they would not work.... Not once...

BUT then again, I keep the RV at my house , not in a storage area somewhere.

I had the old school steps... I had the Torklift steps, , and I have had Both the original Morryde version, and the new version with strut assist...

While the Torklift were better than the old school steps ( in my eyes) ,, The Morryde/Lippert style are far more stable...

Just My Opinion

* This post was edited 03/15/21 11:18am by ford truck guy *

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Hammerboy

Zeeland, MI

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/21 11:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

work2much wrote:

What are all these limitations of solid steps? Aside from you can't be right up against something and use them?

Our new 5th wheel came with solid fold down steps. The feet adjust to ground imperfections. So far they have been great. Years ago we had a truck camper with the accordion style steps. Nowhere near as stable. Perhaps the tork lift accordion stairs are better than what we had but we have no complaints on the solid steps and wouldn't hesitate to add them to a camper that doesn't have them.

[image]

For those of us who store our Rv's inside such as in my case I wouldn't be able to open them in storage. That alone is a HUGE deal breaker for me. Plus I don't need to worry about getting dirt from my steps inside. No need to hose or brush the Torklift off especially in wet conditions as they are outside the rig. And a lot of times I just simply want to toss something inside the door quick which I can't with steps in the way. Those are some of the advantages of the Torklift. I see no advantages of the solid step style for my needs. If these limitations don't apply to you then they are great steps.

Dan

2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

work2much

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/21 07:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hammerboy wrote:

For those of us who store our Rv's inside such as in my case I wouldn't be able to open them in storage. That alone is a HUGE deal breaker for me. Plus I don't need to worry about getting dirt from my steps inside. No need to hose or brush the Torklift off especially in wet conditions as they are outside the rig. And a lot of times I just simply want to toss something inside the door quick which I can't with steps in the way. Those are some of the advantages of the Torklift. I see no advantages of the solid step style for my needs. If these limitations don't apply to you then they are great steps.

Dan

Fair points. We do sweep them off before putting them up. That is an extra step in packing up camp.

2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

mileshuff

Phoenix, AZ.

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/21 10:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bsbeedub wrote:

There is no opening for the old style steps or the Torklift Glowstep and I don’t want to cut into the skirt of a brand new trailer.

That would be the Glowstep Revolution. Might look into the Torklift Glowstep Uprising. I do not have experience with them but they mount similar to the MoreRyde or Step Above for RV's without under door mounting box.

2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

bsbeedub

Gateway to the West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/21 08:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mileshuff wrote:

bsbeedub wrote:

There is no opening for the old style steps or the Torklift Glowstep and I don’t want to cut into the skirt of a brand new trailer.

That would be the Glowstep Revolution. Might look into the Torklift Glowstep Uprising. I do not have experience with them but they mount similar to the MoreRyde or Step Above for RV's without under door mounting box.

Thanks mileshuff! I’ve never seen this version. I think this is the way I’ll go. Much more convenient than the MORryde for my situation.

Bob & Susan
Shelby the Beagle June 8, 2005 - Dec. 24, 2016
2018 Ram 3500 6.4 HEMI, long bed, 4.10’s
2021 Coachman Chaparral Lite 25 RE
2011 Gulfstream Ameri-Lite 23BW - retired
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 - retired

pismopete

central cal

View Profile

Posted: 05/12/21 04:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just an update. I decided we would go with Lippert Solid Step, but then I heard about a small company in Texas called RV-Co. Learned what I could about them on line and then called the company. They make a folding step with a 31 inch platform and 7 in spaced steps. Just what my wife needed with double knee replacements. Ordered the 5 step model and very pleased so far. They are a PIA because you have to fold them and put them in your rig or truck when you travel. The nice part is they simply hook up to your existing top step, no tools required. Probably not what you would want if you move a lot, but with this set up we can still continue to enjoy the RV lifestyle. If anyone else out there is using them I would appreciate your thoughts.

Housted

Los Angeles, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/13/21 10:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"For those of us who store our Rv's inside such as in my case I wouldn't be able to open them in storage. That alone is a HUGE deal breaker for me. Plus I don't need to worry about getting dirt from my steps inside. No need to hose or brush the Torklift off especially in wet conditions as they are outside the rig. And a lot of times I just simply want to toss something inside the door quick which I can't with steps in the way. Those are some of the advantages of the Torklift. I see no advantages of the solid step style for my needs. If these limitations don't apply to you then they are great steps.

Dan"

Agree completely...Really like the Glo-Steps!!

Housted

2015 Dodge 3500 Laramie 6.7 CTD Tow Rig Integrated ball with Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel hitch
2011 Arctic Fox 29-5T 5th - 4 Pt Leveling, Disk Brakes, 1050 W Solar,
300 Amps of LiFePO4,3000 Watt Inverter
  • pic
    Too many mods to Truck and trailer to list.

• Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/13/21 03:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just installed a set 3 weeks ago in my 5er. Simple job for me. Love the big top step.
    Bought mine from Amazon.

Eddie
    03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
    04 Ford F-250 Superduty
    15K Pullrite Superglide
    Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
    Owner- The Toy Shop-
    Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
    We love 56 T-Birds

buc1980

houston tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/13/21 06:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Torklift happy owner for 3 years.

2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,14750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
    Page of 3  
    Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> New Steps
    Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
    Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.