cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carpet Replacement...

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
Our 5'er is 10 yrs old and the carpet is showing its age, and recently have had 2 burn marks thanks to an electric heater. How do we go about finding and replacing the carpet ?? The carpet in the 3 slides are ok, just the "Main" carpet area that needs to be replaced. My wife is also thinking about just removing it and replacing it with a laminated floor rather than carpet. Would this be better ?? Any help would be appreciated.
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W
6 REPLIES 6

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
Be careful changing carpet to laminated or tile flooring. Check first to see that your slide can come up over the flooring. Some do not have rollers and need to come up over carpet.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
I replace with laminate wood 6 years ago and still looks good.Easy to clean and maintain.I save a lot of money by doing myself.I did the living room and the bedroom.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Ditch the carpet for vinyl plank or laminate.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
Go to a carpet store....pick out the carpet you want and set up with them to have it installed.
RV will cost more then comparable size in S&B due to layout of RV

WE had the living room, 2 slides out plus kitchen linoleum done
We bought the flooring materials and had an Independent Contractor (Carpet Layers) do the install
Roughly $2k back then ----probably higher now
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
md_procouple wrote:
recently have had 2 burn marks thanks to an electric heater.
Sounds like a malfunctioning heater - and very dangerous.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
My then 2yo Montana carpet looked crappy at two years of part-time use. When I replace it, it will be with a good quality vinyl plank flooring and we'll put down area rugs. I don't see any need to change the slideout carpet unless it gets damaged, too.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD