Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: 2022 Grand Wagoneer
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > 2022 Grand Wagoneer

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
We'll See

IL

Senior Member

Joined: 07/16/2009

View Profile



Posted: 03/12/21 03:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's about time they introduce these to the market. They should have done it twenty years ago.


Jeep and Explorer

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 02/12/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/12/21 04:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rjstractor wrote:

Interesting that Chrysler chose the Jeep brand for their new full size SUV platform rather than making it a Ram or Dodge product. Beautiful truck, way too expensive for my blood, and I bet they sell every one. My only gripe would be the rotary selector, but that's a small thing to gripe about.


I think they choose the Jeep brand because they can mark them up more and increase their margins. Plus the Jeep Grand Wagoneer that I remember with the wood grain side panels were a bit more higher class than the Chevy Suburban. Having said that I'm not sure what's in the deck of cards for the future of Dodge.


'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"200k Mile Club"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"


Lwiddis

Near DVNP, California

Senior Member

Joined: 08/12/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/12/21 06:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That’s the problem, we’ll see, twenty years tooooo late.


Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AMP Lithium battery. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad


time2roll

Southern California

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 03/12/21 10:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

time2roll wrote:

Very nice.... still rather have a Hummer.
Wouldn't we all.....lol
Both are very close in price. Choose what makes you happy.


2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Lynnmor

Red Lion

Senior Member

Joined: 07/16/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 03/13/21 08:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would wonder if they ever fixed the camshaft and lifter problems in the hemi engines. Until that is definitely fixed, I wouldn't touch one with a $111,000 pole.





ScottG

Bothell Wa.

Senior Member

Joined: 02/25/2005

View Profile



Posted: 03/13/21 09:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynnmor wrote:

I would wonder if they ever fixed the camshaft and lifter problems in the hemi engines. Until that is definitely fixed, I wouldn't touch one with a $111,000 pole.


Fixed in 2016 engines.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/13/21 10:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

time2roll wrote:

Very nice.... still rather have a Hummer.
Wouldn't we all.....lol
Both are very close in price. Choose what makes you happy.


I wasn’t referring to the Hummer with wheels.....lol


2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 02/12/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/13/21 03:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ScottG wrote:

Lynnmor wrote:

I would wonder if they ever fixed the camshaft and lifter problems in the hemi engines. Until that is definitely fixed, I wouldn't touch one with a $111,000 pole.


Fixed in 2016 engines.


They did?

Here's a video from Mr Mopar himself on the topic. Link

mich800

Pontiac, MI

Senior Member

Joined: 05/30/2004

View Profile



Posted: 03/13/21 05:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

ScottG wrote:

Lynnmor wrote:

I would wonder if they ever fixed the camshaft and lifter problems in the hemi engines. Until that is definitely fixed, I wouldn't touch one with a $111,000 pole.


Fixed in 2016 engines.


They did?

Here's a video from Mr Mopar himself on the topic. Link


It's fixed. But now they go through more oil between changes than an OPEC exec combs through their hair before a CARB board meeting. [emoticon]

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

Senior Member

Joined: 03/23/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/13/21 06:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

ScottG wrote:

Lynnmor wrote:

I would wonder if they ever fixed the camshaft and lifter problems in the hemi engines. Until that is definitely fixed, I wouldn't touch one with a $111,000 pole.


Fixed in 2016 engines.


They did?

Here's a video from Mr Mopar himself on the topic. Link


It's fixed. But now they go through more oil between changes than an OPEC exec combs through their hair before a CARB board meeting. [emoticon]


Haven`t seen one that uses oil. Even the infamous Hemi lifter issue isn`t that much of an issue. I have a 300C with the 5.7 and 75k miles. no problems.


Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!


Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > 2022 Grand Wagoneer
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.