cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cell Phone Restart

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most of you already know this but for those not in the know I discovered again today that a cell phone restart will solve many problems or glitches with our phones. For example my phone advised me of no mobile networks available and after wasting time messing with settings and checking AT&T website I finally did a restart and instantly had cellular signal for making a call. Restarts have solved problems on other occasions. Cheers

https://www.facebook.com/Pilot-Bill-Perkins-Exotic-Living-And-Travels-in-Far-East-and-SE-Asia-1425108021122523
17 REPLIES 17

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
X2, I also shut off my phone when going to bed, so I suppose turning it on again is the same as a restart, so it's actually getting restarted every day.:)
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
dieseltruckdriver wrote:
deltabravo wrote:
My iPhone just works.

I got so irritated with Android and the constant redesign of the entire look and feel of the OS every time they did a major update, and the constant having to restart it because it locked up or did other weird nonsense, I finally switch to an iPhone about 3 years ago after having an Android for 10 or so years.

IOS FTW

that is

all.

A big problem with Android is the phone companies add their stuff on top of Android. I got fed up with Samsung and switched to Googles phones and have never been happier. They are pure Android without the bloatware on top of it.
Several coworkers have i stuff, and no ones electronics are 100% trouble free.

We bought Galaxy S10's a year ago from Verizon. Bloatware and then some. Other than the Verizon and Samsung stuff, is the other stuff from 3rd party developers licensed to Samsung for installation when the phones are made? I know anything that came with the phone can be disabled but not uninstalled. I power my phone off every night and park it on the wireless charger. No one I want to hear from when I'm sleeping.

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
deltabravo wrote:
My iPhone just works.

I got so irritated with Android and the constant redesign of the entire look and feel of the OS every time they did a major update, and the constant having to restart it because it locked up or did other weird nonsense, I finally switch to an iPhone about 3 years ago after having an Android for 10 or so years.

IOS FTW

that is all.

A big problem with Android is the phone companies add their stuff on top of Android. I got fed up with Samsung and switched to Googles phones and have never been happier. They are pure Android without the bloatware on top of it.
Several coworkers have i stuff, and no ones electronics are 100% trouble free.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I've been lucky... I don't recall ever "having" to reboot / restart my Android phones.

My present phone probably hasn't been intentionally restarted in 2 years.

They may have restarted after an update on their own, and a couple times I shut down the phone in ham-handed (and thick fingered) attempts to quiet the phone or to do something else.

I'll do a restart today just for fun.

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
I reboot ~~ once per week. Seems to be frequent enough for me. (iPhone 12 Pro)
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
I appreciate the info on rebooting. I've been having some issues with my Verizon service recently (loss of service at times). Quite unusual, since I've always had good service on Verizon. It got to the point that I began looking at other carriers, such as Cricket recently, but I don't want to leave Verizon if I can help it. Cricket is offering an iphone SE for $49 to new subscribers, which seems pretty attractive. Anyhow, I'll try the reboot method in the future, if necessary.

BTW, my current phone is a Samsung Galaxy model SM-J337V (Android), and has been pretty reliable thus far.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Matt_Colie wrote:
The thing that I hated about my early android phones is that they did have to be re-booted at least once a day or they just flat-assed quit.

DITTO!
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
My iPhone just works.

IOS FTW

that is all.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
If you travel long distances in a day you might have to reboot a couple of times.....

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
The new smart TV's are getting similarly weird. TV wouldn't power up yesterday morning with remote, no matter what I did. Resorted to switching the power center it's plugged into off then on, thinking maybe the power burped during the night. Still nothing. In desperation I pushed the manual power button on the set, VOILA! TV lights up and begins displaying a series of software update messages.

Everything works as it should now, who knows what happened. !@#$% computers......

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
reboot

Advice: don't follow this link.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I too reboot every evening. NO problems.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
The thing that I hated about my early android phones is that they did have to be re-booted at least once a day or they just flat-assed quit.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
My iPhone has a hissy once or twice a week and shows "cellular update failed." I followed all kinds of instructions to stop the issue and nothing helps, only rebooting works. Real nice when the stupid thing ***** out when I am depending on it.