Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Fantastic fan or maxxair ?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Fantastic fan or maxxair ?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
morley

British Columbia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/12/21 01:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We installed a Maaxair 0-6200K fan in our 5er last year. We did not get the remote control model as there was talk that the remote had to be right in line with the fan to operate it. Also the automatic rain cover closing option is supposedly not good if you were to leave your pet in the unit on a hot day and rain would automatically shut the vent and allow no air or cooling for the pet.
We like our fan and it works very efficiently with its 10[emoticon]peeds, you can set it at a certain temperature to automatically come on and shut off, it can be used as ceiling type fan even if the rain cover is closed. While a bit of versatility is lost by having to manual operate the push button controls on the fan for fan speed and opening and closing the rain cover as opposed to a remote, to date this has not bothered us at all. One of the disappointing items for us was the roof vent frame on our unit was metal and the Maxxair replacement one is plastic that was a bit of a bummer. But overall the fan and cover quality, ease of installation, good performance make it a good choice.
We are very happy with it so far.

2008 Topaz F254SS 26 ft.
2009 Chevy Silverado, 2500HD, Duramax, Allison Tranny, 4x4, EC
250 watt solar panel system, BlueSky controller and remote

Lwiddis

Williams AZ area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/12/21 01:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do wish my two fans had 10 speeds like the Maxxair.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist14 yr. Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ticki2

NH

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/21 03:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Monkey , your experience mirrors my thinking to a tee . I also regret taking out a well built aluminum vent and replacing it with plastic . Though I do feel the benefits outweigh the loss

'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

Rscconrad

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/21 04:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

maxx air for me. I had something go wrong with a the hinge after many years. I called to order a replacement part. They sent it to me no charge, not even for shipping.

That’s not very common nowadays. I would definitely buy again.

pasusan

Northernmost PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/21 04:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I replaced the functioning Fantastic Vent fan in our class B with a Maxxair Fan. It can stay open in the rain without a huge cover. Totally happy with the change.

"I'm out here to enjoy nature -- don't talk to me about the environment!" ~Denny Crane

Susan & Ben
2004 Roadtrek 170 for quick getaways
84 Bronco & 90 Award Classic 23 joined with a Hensley Cub for longer trips
Trip Pics

JimBollman

Lost State of Franklin

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/21 05:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MaxxFan for me too. I have replaced the original 1 or 2 speed fan in my last two campers with 10 speed MaxxFan with remote control. The slower speeds pull very little current for when you are on battery but can still pull a little air across you on a hot night. I keep the remote by the bed for middle of the night comfort changes. The fold down rain hood keeps a low profile when down and can be used open in the rain in anything less than a monsoon.

Buzzcut1

Norcal

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/21 06:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have no problem with my Fantastic Fan. No rain sensor as I have a hood cover on the roof which lets me have the vent open even when its snowing or raining.

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 08 Lance 1055, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

gotsmart

a bit too late though

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/12/21 07:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Fantastic Vent 6600R. It has 14 speeds on the remote - manual or automatic (you set the temp that you want it to maintain). It is reversable (on the fan). The rain sensor on/off is on the fan and works very well. I bought my fan before Atwood Mobile bought them out. It had a lifetime warranty. I doubt that is the case now.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/12/21 08:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am happy with my FF for many years now. MA is probably great also.

Should have gotten the remote as it is hard for some to reach the ceiling controls.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 03/13/21 06:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fantastic Fan works for me. Its just me, no significant other or pets.

Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Fantastic fan or maxxair ?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.