cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

This weekend Change Clocks

Admin
Again :E

Yep, it's that time of the year again
For those of you that don't remember :B, move them forward.

This is a public service announcement lol

Admin
Rv.net
Admin
RV.net
30 REPLIES 30

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
The clock in my vehicle are back to reading the correct time now.

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
SpeakEasy wrote:
mowermech wrote:
PawPaw_n_Gram wrote:
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
But, but, if you stay heading west all the time, you will never get old and die since the clocks stay moving back. ๐Ÿ˜‰

No - you lose more if you go far enough west, springing forward 23 hours.

The US Navy once took away my daughter's birthday.

On Dec 4, 1982, we left Seattle on a Northwest flight that was running late, leaving about 9 pm. We arrived in Tokyo at 1:15 AM on Dec 6.

After a 3 hour ride to Yokosuka, we got up at about 9 local time to look around the base. My daughter, whose birthday was Dec 5, was upset that she did not get a birthday on her birthday.

Of course, now she say's she is a year younger than her DL says saying "The US Navy took away my birthday in 1982, so I'm a year younger than you think."

In 1966 I had two birthdays! Left Saigon on my birthday, landed in Oakland on my birthday.

So how old do you say you are???

-S

The fact that I had two 25th birthdays does not change my age. It is still current year minus birth year, which equals more years than I thought I would survive!
I set my clocks (except for those in vehicles) last night about 8 PM. I did not lose any sleep, nor will I lose any sleep any night in the future due to DST.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I want a time system that starts with sunrise. Work can start 2 hours after sunrise. Stores might open 3 or 4 hours after sunrise or whatever they need.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Don`t tell me what to do!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
During my working life, I frequently flew from NY to California and points in between, as well as to England and France. A little one hour time change doesn't bother me in the least... ๐Ÿ™‚
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, the Navy knows how to do it right. Add an hour to the work day in one direction, lose an hour of sleep in the other direction.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
mowermech wrote:
PawPaw_n_Gram wrote:
But, but, if you stay heading west all the time, you will never get old and die since the clocks stay moving back. ๐Ÿ˜‰

On Dec 4, 1982, we left Seattle on a Northwest flight that was running late, leaving about 9 pm. We arrived in Tokyo at 1:15 AM on Dec 6.

After a 3 hour ride to Yokosuka, we got up at about 9 local time to look around the base. My daughter, whose birthday was Dec 5, was upset that she did not get a birthday on her birthday.

Of course, now she say's she is a year younger than her DL says saying "The US Navy took away my birthday in 1982, so I'm a year younger than you think."

In 1966 I had two birthdays! Left Saigon on my birthday, landed in Oakland on my birthday.

So how old do you say you are???

-S
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
egh33 wrote:
I hate that waking up at 2 am to change the clock.

Lol. Or people who actually care or obsess about it as well probably! Haha

For those that think itโ€™s of no use, you donโ€™t use โ€œdaylightโ€ as a critical part of your day or career.
Considering more people used to rely on โ€œdaylightโ€ for lighting, dst used to be more โ€œnecessary.โ€ Now, not as much. But considering it would be an actual inconvenience to those that do and only a perceived inconvenience to those who donโ€™t, why are the people who are against it complaining the most?
That question canโ€™t be answered without being edited or deleted here! Haha
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
PawPaw_n_Gram wrote:

CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
PawPaw_n_Gram wrote:
What's the big deal on changing clocks?

For an RVer.

I've changed 2 times in one day several times in long tows.

One day three times. Left El Paso on US-180 headed east, changed from Mtn to Central TZ at Culberson County line near Guadalupe Peak, changed from Central TZ to Mtn TZ at NM border south of Carlsbad, changed from Mountain to Central TZ again at TX border just past Hobbs.

Headed west is better because you gain an hour at each crossing.

I won't even mention the potential fun in Arizona where much of the state does not do DST, and the Navaho Nation does DST.

The worst is when you're headed east and you pass through a time zone boundary - on the day in the Spring when you're also setting your clock ahead. Then you "lose" two hours in one day. Your body objects! I did that once.

-Speak
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

pitch
Explorer
Explorer
I try not to get manic about things like this.

egh33
Explorer
Explorer
I hate that waking up at 2 am to change the clock.

Rocky2
Explorer
Explorer
"I'll never have to worry about that again. Moved out of Cali 6 months ago to AZ. And didn't Cali vote it in to do away with the time change like a few years ago? What happen to that? Must be a Newsome thing."

Same thing happened in Florida. The state can pass it but it takes the Congress of the United States to approve it. Not a Newsom thing.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I gave up telling that to people I know. They just answer that their only clock is their phone and it changes automatically.

I recently tried to warn some friends about a possible power outage and I told them to make sure that their flashlights all had fresh batteries. There response was that the only flashlights they own (in a house with 5 people) was on their cell phones and they had extra power packs for those.

They also don't listen to tornado warnings, have smoke detectors/carbon monoxide detectors, or keep their vehicles gassed up.

I give up .