cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

E-bike transportation

Tinbangertom
Explorer
Explorer
What kind of racks does everybody transport there e-bikes in the garage (Standing up)?
:h Tom
:Z Laura
2020 Momentum 29G
2015 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
10 REPLIES 10

dedmiston
N-Trouble wrote:
Keep it simpleโ€ฆ. No fancy racks or tie downs that require an engineering degree.

How boring. :B

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Bikes get gently laid on their sides on top of dog beds, sleeping bags, or any other somewhat soft items. Keep it simpleโ€ฆ. No fancy racks or tie downs that require an engineering degree.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

Flashman
Explorer
Explorer
I haul them on rack attached to my 2 inch receiver on my rzr. Just like a car except it rides in my toy hauler.

hvac
Explorer
Explorer
We have rad mini folding versions.We fold down handlebars and then use cargo straps to tie them down similar to a motorcycle. this way the happi jac can come down at might.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
I don't have a toyhauler but I carry my E bikes standing up as normal with one of the kickstands down and bikes bungeed together via the seat poles. Bungeed together the bikes stay upright pretty much on their own. I then close both of the opposing slides and bikes stay snuggly safe for the ride.
I do add a couple more bungees for good measure. My system works well.
If I had a toy hauler, I would do the same, and strap bikes to a side wall.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Dirtclods wrote:
In Huntington Beach California the ebikes are now banned on boardwalks / beach-paths

That's a shame. Just like with every other activity, dumb people wreck it for everyone else.

UPDATE! The City Council overturned it for now stay tuned summer is around the corner.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

dedmiston
Dirtclods wrote:
In Huntington Beach California the ebikes are now banned on boardwalks / beach-paths

That's a shame. Just like with every other activity, dumb people wreck it for everyone else.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I wish I had a toy hauler to carry our two e-bikes and if I did I would make/buy some kind of a rack that will carry them upright. Too many delicate normal bike parts (deraileur) to lay them down.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Y-Guy
Here is a thread on hauling bikes from January that might help you.

I share this just out of caution, was shocked when I saw the photo and the story behind it. I assume you know the risks.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon