cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

cost of Morryde suspension.

Road_Phantom
Explorer
Explorer
The suspension hardware on my 34ft, 9000lb 5th wheel look flimsily built and we travel extensively throughout the lower 48's. I'd like to have the MorRyde Cre 3000 installed. Can anyone give me an idea of the total cost including installation. Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
We had the Morryde SRE4000 installed at the Open Range rally in 2018 along with wet bolts and 1- X Factor crossbar. I think I paid $1500. It was installed by Performance Trailer Braking. They usually have a rally discount.
JK
Edit: Looked it up, $1040 total.
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

lenr
Explorer II
Explorer II
A little more: Our first experience above was with a 27' fifth wheel 9400 lb loaded. Because the SRE4000 made so much difference, we had it installed on our new 37' fifth wheel along with the wet heavy kit straight from the dealer. MorRyde strongly recommends their X-Factor brace when using the SRE4000. We ordered the SRE4000 and 3 X-Factors on line at considerable savings then had them installed at an independent Dexter shop. They used a Dexter wet bolt heavy shackle link kit. I put a shot of grease into each bolt about every 6000 miles, and expect to never need replacement parts. We had the work on the first trailer done right at MorRyde. Their service is very good but not cheap. We used them because we also needed 2" riser tubes added to level the trailer.

lenr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Highly recommend MorRyde SRE4000! It is as easy an installation as any equalizer. It does raise the trailer 1.25" at the axle so road bumps can move the axle more and the trailer less. Lippert Equa-Flex never seemed to make a difference for us compared to a solid equalizer. Adding MorRyde pin box helped 50%. Switching to the SRE4000 eliminated 98% of chucking which tells me that the trailer is getting a much smoother ride. If adding wet bolts I recommend heavy shackles at the same time--both Dexter and MorRyde make the heavy wet kits.

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
The equalizers themselves are under $150. I can't imagine a shop charging more than $500. It should only take them an hour. Very simple item to install.

Ours came with the Cre-3000 and wet bolts. Still the trailer had a bounce to it on less than perfect t roads. I found a nice difference installing the Roadmaster shock kit. I did the install myself but I can't imaging the labor being more than $1000. It only took 4 hours to install. It might be worth asking what they would charge for this while the trailer is in the shop anyway.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Leaf-Spring-Suspension/Roadmaster/RM-2460.html

2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

GottaRunGottaCa
Explorer
Explorer
If you get the Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit, it comes with the wet bolts
2016 F350
2019 Heartland Torque TQ-371

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Be sure to get the HD shackles with wet bolts when upgrading the equalizers, and the MorRyde xfactor brace will add side support to the spring hangers.

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Just changed the factory equipment to an Equa-Flex but it is basically the same job no matter what you are putting in. Worst part of the job was jacking the unit up and getting it on jackstands. After that it was unbolt and bolt in new. If you get the wet bolts go for the bronze bushings too. 2182 miles on the original plastic bushings and they were about 25% worn through. Last trailer had about 6000 miles on it when I changed over and the plastic was completely worn through. It is a job worth doing.
2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Cannot give you a install price (DYI is best if you can), but while at it, add wet bolt kit at same time. Factory hangers are cheap BTW as far as quality goes IMO.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"