cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thor Structural Warranty Experience

stirul
Explorer
Explorer
One year ago we started the process of working with Thor customer support to have repairs to our 2018 Thor Challenger 37TB covered under structural warranty. The passenger side wall had separated from the floor causing the body to twist and rest on the fender. This twisting caused the front windshield to crack, the front cap to separate from the top, the front cargo bay doors to become jammed, and the entry door to jam. The approval process for each individual repair has to be submitted to Thor with documentation. If the wording and semantics in the submitted requests are not what is expected it gets denied and starts a back and forth game wasting more time. Some parts like our replacement fender have taken over 4 months to arrive at the dealership, and the incorrect fender was shipped once.

Our RV has been out of our possession for over 10 months, and has been unusable for over a year. We still make payments, lose value, continue to miss planned trips, incur costs having to fly places instead of drive, and overall are just frustrated and disappointed with the whole experience.

11 REPLIES 11

Lee_RV
Explorer
Explorer
Thor employee reviews, yikes

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Thor-Motor-Coach/reviews

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
Thor is creating their own reputation. If it isn't good, its because of things like this. Any manufacturer can have a problem. Its how they deal with it that makes them good or bad.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Reminds me of dealing with health insurance.
Same kind of Stink, Different day
I have a letter denying a cardiac procedure till I take a potentially dangerous and not needed test beside me as I type..

I'll get the test. Then the procedure. then once they have paid. Hit PRINT and pick a number of copies.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
haste maker wrote:
Don't know for sure if Thor own's Forest River? But I brought a NEW Travel Trailer sometime ago & it was JUNK...

No they don't but Tiffin did approach Thor with a sell offer that was accepted.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
haste maker wrote:
Don't know for sure if Thor own's Forest River? But I brought a NEW Travel Trailer sometime ago & it was JUNK...

Forest River is owned by Warren Buffet through Berkshire Hathaway.

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Not that it helps, but manufacturers are having trouble getting parts they need to make necessary repairs due to COVID. Supply chains are severely impacted.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

mikim
Explorer
Explorer
It depends where you bought the RV. If you bought it in Texas, then Texas Lemon Law applies.

https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/consumer-protection/lemon-law

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it's definitely past time to get an attorney involved and have the unit bought back plus finance charges and attorney fees. It doesn't matter if your state has a lemon law covering RVs. Each state has a fitness for use law which is part of the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act of 1984.

stirul
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks rgatjnet1!

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Time to talk to an attorney.
Here is a link for Lemon Laws in each State. State Lemon Laws for RV's