Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Beginning RVing: Best time to buy new?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Best time to buy new?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
swimmer_spe

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/21 12:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have an RV that we plan on replacing in the next few years. We want to go new, not used, but want to get the best deals. Is it better to buy at the end of the season or at the start of the season? I know end of the season will be less selection.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/21 01:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You won't get a deal this year. COVID has put RV's in high demand and supply can't keep up. Dealers can't keep units on the lot. Next year you would probably get a great deal on some of the RV's COVID campers bought and no longer want. I expect the slightly used market will be saturated.

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

lots2seeinmyrv

Neither Here nor There

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/21 01:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree with way2roll.

I think best deals are at the end of the season, but sounds like you are a couple years out.

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/21 01:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lol, yea, 2 years ago would have been good. If you can wait a year or two the used market may expand. Thats if forest river dosen't have any more fires.

2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Sandia Man

Rio Rancho, NM

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/21 02:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Slow season is usually the best time although deals can be had anytime, we bought our current rig late last summer when Covid-19 was raging and got a kicking deal. I know the RV dealers here in Albuquerque have rows and rows of unsold RVs, I guess panic buying did not occur to the same degree as other areas of the country. No doubt the very slightly used market for towable RVs will be heavily enriched with rigs of all sorts as we approach pre-virus normality.

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/21 02:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The best time for you to buy me a new trailer is tomorrow. I'm available all day. [emoticon]

Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Lwiddis

Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/21 02:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IMO the best deals are when you see a full sales lot of new RVs. Owner is paying big monthly bills to the manufacturers.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist14 yr. Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/21 02:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think any time, if you do your home work, have all your ducks lined up. know what the real value is of the unit you want, and your in control of the deal. you can make a purchase that you are happy with.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/21 02:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A few weeks after you sell your existing RV yourself for a great price would be my choice.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

propchef

NORCAL

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/21 03:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It depends on what you're looking for. A Super C or Class A? Short supply. TTs? Tons of them unless you're stuck on one particular TT, and even then a patient buyer can find deals. Be willing to buy from a distance and not relying on RV Trader expands your choices.

Know what floor plan you want and have a budget that includes EVERYTHING, including replacing the mattress or upgrading the suspension if that's your plan. "35% off MSRP" is useless if you leave the lot and you still have to spend to get "camp ready"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Best time to buy new?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.