Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water Pump Issue

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a Sur Flow Water Pump.
All of a sudden when not hooked up to city water it is pushing the water out of were the city water connector is thus not getting any water out of the inside faucets inside.The
Pump is running. Any comments would be appreciated .
6 REPLIES 6

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
wa8yxm wrote:
That is not a water pump problem it is a city inlet propblem

Several solutions
one replacing the city inlet is not all that hard
Two try removing the inlet screen washer and inside you will see a plastic "Button" with the pump on (NOTE YOU WILL GET WET) try pressing and releasing this button a couple times with something like a pencil eraser.

Some folks will holler 'You will break it' I do not know if that's true but since it's already broke.... what you got to lose?

Or you can get a quarter turn hose end valve and screw it into the port closed. Might just work (or not)

But Replacing the inlet is fairly easy.

Best to do W/O water supply ON and system pressure relieved (open a faucet)
Doing so WITH system Pressurized can dislodge the O-ring and making replacement necessary
Doing W/O system Pressurized could free up a stuck plunger and 'fix' it
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
That is not a water pump problem it is a city inlet propblem

Several solutions
one replacing the city inlet is not all that hard
Two try removing the inlet screen washer and inside you will see a plastic "Button" with the pump on (NOTE YOU WILL GET WET) try pressing and releasing this button a couple times with something like a pencil eraser.

Some folks will holler 'You will break it' I do not know if that's true but since it's already broke.... what you got to lose?

Or you can get a quarter turn hose end valve and screw it into the port closed. Might just work (or not)

But Replacing the inlet is fairly easy.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Good advice above. Main thing to note is there's nothing wrong with your water pump.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
StarkNaked wrote:
Your check valve has failed, or is stuck. It could be as simple as re-seating the check valve.

Here are the instructions to fix.

https://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f71/fresh-water-inlet-valve-repair-11736.html

Helpful hint: Never push the check valve in when the systems is pressurized, even just a little bit of water pressure.

If you can't fix right away, all you need is a male garden hose plug. Just screw it in where you would put your hose and it will seal the pressure.

That is your problem and resolution
If the O-ring on the check valve plunger has become dislodged...replacement needed to fix it
OR install a brass garden hose shut off and forget about it
**Closed when using pump----Opened when connecting to city water via hose
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a valve that needs to be turned to select city water, internal water or winterize, this valve may have failed or be turned to the wrong setting.

StarkNaked
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your check valve has failed, or is stuck. It could be as simple as re-seating the check valve.

Here are the instructions to fix.

https://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f71/fresh-water-inlet-valve-repair-11736.html

Helpful hint: Never push the check valve in when the systems is pressurized, even just a little bit of water pressure.

If you can't fix right away, all you need is a male garden hose plug. Just screw it in where you would put your hose and it will seal the pressure.