cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Small wireless laser printer/scanner/copier

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for a reasonably small wireless laser printer/scanner/copier. I can't seem to find one that meets all the criteria.

Does anyone know of one that meets ALL of the above criteria?

Thanks
14 REPLIES 14

lolapaluuza
Explorer
Explorer
I usually buy a tuner online on the website https://www.mrdepot.ca/products/brother-hl-2240-toner since it is much cheaper in terms of money and I do not have to go to the mall to buy a new cartridge. It seems to me that the toner consumption is much less in this way. But perhaps this is speculation.

ferretgrandpa
Explorer
Explorer
I second the Brother.
Carryed a Brother monchrome laser for several years. I don't need the scanner, but do demand Duplexing. I've had several that passed 50,000 impressions. Fitted in a storage cabinet over the TV.
Brother Toner cartridges are also very easy to refill (saves alot, like spending $10 to refill a $70 new cart)

Tom
Medical reasons took us off the road
98 GMC 2500
RBW Lil Rocker 15K
08 Flagstaff 8526 RLS

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
folivier wrote:
We keep an HP M15W laser printer in our coach, very small but it is a printer only. Scan and copy works surprisingly well using your phone to take a picture then send it wirelessly to the printer.

Correct, that is why I recommended the HP M29W which is the "twin" to the M15W in size other than the extra bit of added size for the built in scanner on top..

Phones do take a decent pix but they have a lot of limitations like getting the phone camera lined up straight and true enough to not skew/angle the picture of the paper you are taking.. Not to mention holding the phone still enough to not blur or move away from the paper.. Getting even lighting across the entire paper can be a challenge and often phone cameras like dedicated cameras will have shadows across the photo without proper lighting.

A scanner since it has it's own light source will properly light the entire document evenly and the paper will lay flat and even.

Scanners do have their place and a phone camera sometimes just can't do as good of a job of a scanner.

I own them all, a bed scanner, a phone with a pretty good camera and a handful of standalone cameras up to 15 MP and yet always get the best scan in digital copy via the bed scanner and it is very quick. All without the need to position, re-position, hold breath take a bunch of photos and chose the least blurry.

So when quality of the digital copy of a piece of paper or even a photo print it is hard to beat the ease, speed and quality of a dedicated document scanner.

sandybill9
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at the Brother MFC-L2710DW. $199.99. I have this at home, super usefull. https://www.brother-usa.com/products/mfcl2710dw#

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
We keep an HP M15W laser printer in our coach, very small but it is a printer only. Scan and copy works surprisingly well using your phone to take a picture then send it wirelessly to the printer.

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
ktmrfs wrote:
If size is important I'd look at a ink jet. you'll likely find many more choices.

Even then small size = $$$$$

Yes, but we want to keep this in the RV and so often the ink jet cartridges dry out when not used for a while.

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
bob213 wrote:
I have the HP LaserJet Pro M29W that Gdetrailer referenced above and am very happy with it. Great output, low cost consumables and it does scan in color but only prints in Black.

Thank you so much for the review. I appreciate it and will probably order this one.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
If size is important I'd look at a ink jet. you'll likely find many more choices.

Even then small size = $$$$$
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
I have the HP LaserJet Pro M29W that Gdetrailer referenced above and am very happy with it. Great output, low cost consumables and it does scan in color but only prints in Black.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

Taxman2436
Explorer
Explorer
Not a laser and Pricey but if youโ€™re going to use it on the road as much as I do itโ€™s worth the price:

https://www.amazon.com/HP-OfficeJet-250-Portable-Wireless/dp/B01HGD8R5S/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=hp+mobile+printer+250+all+in+one&qid=1616198948&sr=8-2
Taxman2436
Sturbridge, MA
2022 Ford F350 6.7L Diesel
2023 Grand Design Reflection 320 MKS

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
Gdetrailer wrote:
HP Laserjet Pro M29W is most likely going to be about the smallest you are going to find that has scanning built in.

Found HERE

From what I am reading it does scan in color, but it is only monochrome (B&W) for printing.

Due to the size, the input paper tray cannot store paper when closed.

Thank you very much.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
fj12ryder wrote:
What are your criteria? Not everyone thinks the same when it comes to size.

Most combination print/scan/fax all in one units seem be built under the assumption that everyone whats a full sized floor standing office copier.. Many of these units now days are way oversized and will not fit on a desk.. The average multi use printer takes up the space of 4 GC2 batteries (two stacks of two) and that would be on the small side.

I don't understand why they have grown, but they have..

HP does have some smaller printer/scanners which is most likely the direction the OP will need to go.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
HP Laserjet Pro M29W is most likely going to be about the smallest you are going to find that has scanning built in.

Found HERE

From what I am reading it does scan in color, but it is only monochrome (B&W) for printing.

Due to the size, the input paper tray cannot store paper when closed.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
What are your criteria? Not everyone thinks the same when it comes to size.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"