Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Canadians: 65+ are getting vaccines now

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning All:

With us 65+ now being vaccinated in Quebec, I find the Federal rules for land border return extremely, um, confusing in Canada. Have any Canadian returned from Florida and other southern snowbirding States, and if so, what were your experiences driving back, and what quarantine procedures were you instructed to follow upon arrival at land border crossings??

I realize that some Canadians snowbirding in Florida had gotten at least 1 vaccine shot. If any vaccinated Canadians returning by road to Canada, what were your quarantine instructions at the CBSA ?

I'm hearing that returning AIR travelers are of course required to register with a Federally-approved quarantine hotel, and obtain PCR 72 hours before arrival; however, the rules for returning-by-road Canadians are as clear as mud.

Moisheh (an over-the-land hauler): I assume that you had gotten your 1st jab long ago? Just about everyone in Quebec 70+ has had their vaccine by now.
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou
30 REPLIES 30

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
DJcoh wrote:
Glad to hear vaccine shots are comming.

Got ours yesterday. We are late 50โ€™s but itโ€™s already open to anyone over 40 in our health region. We are about 26 percent first shot done. Slowly but surely.

DJcoh
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear vaccine shots are comming.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
Will Canada be reimbursing US for shots given to Canadians in the US? Or am I missing something.

In Florida, a Snowbird can show proof of "seasonal residency" and receive a vaccination. I really doubt there's reimbursement for that - we're all neighbors and not sharing the virus is important for everyone, regardless of their permanent address.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

happycamper1942
Explorer
Explorer
happycamper1942 wrote:
happycamper1942 wrote:
Not so good in BC. I am in the 75 plus group and am not eligible for another week. Hopefully the pace will pick up as we seem to be getting more supply now, including the generous loan of one and a half million from the USA

Update - have my appointment for April 1st ๐Ÿ™‚

Further update, got our shots yesterday, we got the Pfizer one and apart for a stiff arm for a few hours no apparent side effects.
2008 Ford F350 crew cab short box PSD, 2021 TravelAir 90W camper

GeeWillakers
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
Will Canada be reimbursing US for shots given to Canadians in the US? Or am I missing something.

Apparently it is a loan and Canada must reciprocate later.
2007 Triple-E Commander A3202FB W22 8.1 6spd Banks Power
2014 Jeep Wrangler JK toad, a Bug and a Frenchie

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
The US is stting on millions of doses of astrazeneca, someone might as well use them. Hopefully many more millions will cross the border and be put to use.
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
BobsYourUncle:

MANY thanks for your follow up! Excellent. Ground crossing looks like no $2000 / $3000 penalty for Canadians. Perhaps more Canadians crossing by land will add to this data.

Moisheh:

Great news for you. Glad to read you've had the vaccine.

Everyone else, and US neighbors, we here are super appreciative of any vaccine your President can and may release to Canada. Beautiful gesture. Good friends? You bet!

We should be getting our jabs in 2 weeks for our age group in Quebec, with official "stamp" that gets affixed into our vaccine card.

More later...

Cheers,
Silver
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

happycamper1942
Explorer
Explorer
happycamper1942 wrote:
Not so good in BC. I am in the 75 plus group and am not eligible for another week. Hopefully the pace will pick up as we seem to be getting more supply now, including the generous loan of one and a half million from the USA

Update - have my appointment for April 1st ๐Ÿ™‚
2008 Ford F350 crew cab short box PSD, 2021 TravelAir 90W camper

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
qtla9111 wrote:
And Mexicans too!

Por supuesto. :).

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
And Mexicans too!
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
All we wish for is this season in the fall for all of Canadian friends and also the American ones can have a wonderful winter in the south! I hope at that point everyone would have the shot(s). I had not shoveled snow in 14 years and really do not want to again! For the world to get back to normal the USA and the other main bodys need to vaccinate all of the world to stop this virus.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
tomman58 wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:
I am so pleased our President decided to share, happy. WE are in this together, neighbor.

That's true Biden has shots for Mexico also plus the US has teamed up with others to provide billions for the poor of the world. It is wonderful to have a president in the US again.

That was a negotiated trade-off to shut down Mexico's southern border with Guatemala.

Mexico has had a "supposed" border shut down for over a year, but Americans come and go at free will. No testing, no questions, enter and exit.

A constant exchange of virus from one side to the other.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Silversand:

To try to swing things back on topic here....

My brother crossed over into Canada this afternoon.
Although I havent talked to him since he arrived at his destination, I was following him via location sharing on Google maps.

By zooming in it appears he had a secondary inspection at the Canadian border too, however I don't think he was at the border for any more than 20 min - half an hour.

So in other words, no problem crossing. He does have to quarantine for 2 weeks, but he drove directly to his home 40 miles north of the border.

Hope this helps!
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com