cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Florida State Park camping tag good at other FL state parks?

plasticmaster
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be camping at Fort Clinch State Park in a couple weeks. While I'm there, does my camping tag get me in to other nearby Florida state parks such as Amelia Island state park or Talbot Island state park or do I have to pay their entrance fees as well?
7 REPLIES 7

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
^^^^^^^^^^^^The Topsail shuttle is a pain, glad they helped at Grayton.
Puma 30RKSS

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
Last year and the year before, we were staying at Top Sail SP but would drive over to Grayton Beach SP to swim. We were Florida residents at the time and was never charged a second entry fee.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
plasticmaster wrote:
I'll be camping at Fort Clinch State Park in a couple weeks. While I'm there, does my camping tag get me in to other nearby Florida state parks such as Amelia Island state park or Talbot Island state park or do I have to pay their entrance fees as well?

The rule is you need to pay the entrance fee at the other parks. But, I've also been left in free by explaining to the person at the gate that I wanted to check out the park and that I'm staying at xxxx Park and showing them my pass. It all depends on the person at the gate.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Florida does not care if you are camping in another FL park. They will charge you to enter a different one.
The only exception I know of is Fred Gannon in Niceville and Henderson beach in Destin as they are considered sister parks. There may be others like that, if so I have no personal experience. Sometimes it just comes down to the attendant.
Puma 30RKSS

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Florida Park passes are a plastic credit card sized card not a window sticker. And I don't even see a Florida Parks Vanity tag, here is the brochure: FL vanity tags There are way too many of them IMO.
And if you mean this $14 front plate: FL Parks merchandise that would be an amazing bargain, a $14 plate in place of a $120 annual pass, dream on in other words
Maybe in North Carolina tho, but we are a bit smarter than that down here...heh
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Show your pass that you got, that should be on your window. It should get you into other state parks with-in the same state. Most states do have this courtesy. You can always ask your park office.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can buy an annual pass that will get you in w/o added cost but no discount on camping. If you are a service connected veteran you can get a free lifetime pass with documentation from the VA. I have never heard of a tag getting you in any park for free. So far as I know that just a vanity tag who's only function is to remove a big additional fee from your wallet.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper