cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towing Planner, Fuel Cost, DOT TIRE Date Code

Songbirds
Explorer
Explorer
Sometime Back I was Planning an RV trip with Family and friends. After I had invited everyone, I began to think about all the weight load? Fuel Cost and my tires?

Feeling a bit worried about inviting so many people. I went to the Internet forum and posted the question to them.

I must have gotten 20-returns from all the Math geniuses on the internet, and I R not one of them, trust me, I'm not. But one man stepped to the plate with a wonderful online calculator. Once I opened the TowingPlanner.Com website I soon noticed inside was 14-other RV-related Calculators and all for free. So So, Enjoy and I hope you have as much fun as I did, using all the calculators.
2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van, showing six tires down, 3400XD, V6, 7-Speed Automatic 24FL, 170-WB, 24'-3", Coachmen Galleria w/Li3, "Next ROAD TRIP" to where?
3 REPLIES 3

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
People used to try to dump their cargo into my RV or trailer and have me haul it bc no room in their little city car. Weight cost money. Alone I could get 11, but with a big load it might drop to 7mpg. They say every 500 lbs is 1/2 a mile per gallon... Yes, agree, ppl dont like to pay their share...

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for sharing these.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
In my experience with inviting other's to 'camp' with you, it always needs to be negotiated up front what the living, expense, travel, excursion costs and expectations are going to be.. Let me tell you, if that's not stated up front, it will not be a fun trip.. Family, friends, whoever...

Plan however you wish to take the trip, but if you expect the guests to contribute to the trip, make that known from the first sentence.

Excursions, make sure you all have an idea of what is expected.. Like are you all going to the same place at the same time and schedule all events together or are you just getting to the destination and then it's whatever you want to do?

Food... Who is going to provide it? Make darn sure you spell that out before hand as well as the accommodations and what not..

I love traveling with friends and family.. BUT, you must establish a plan for it all and who is going to be responsible for what and when and whatever else is planned for such trip.

Good luck! Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.