Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Battery & electrical questions
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Battery & electrical questions

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/21 07:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NAPA has their own brand of relays. If you buy named units, you will be paying more.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Harvey51

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/21 10:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Slightly off topic, sorry. I set up an alarm for the house door steps that rings when the engine is running and the steps are down. Unfortunately it quit working and I’m having trouble fixing it. I initially found a fuse in the fuse box under the steering wheel that provided 12 volts only when the engine is running. Anyone have a fuse chart to help me find it again? A few years ago I posted the whole thing in this forum. I would appreciate a link to it.

2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/21 08:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Harvey51 wrote:

Slightly off topic, sorry. I set up an alarm for the house door steps that rings when the engine is running and the steps are down. Unfortunately it quit working and I’m having trouble fixing it. I initially found a fuse in the fuse box under the steering wheel that provided 12 volts only when the engine is running. Anyone have a fuse chart to help me find it again? A few years ago I posted the whole thing in this forum. I would appreciate a link to it.

Hey Harvey51,is This Old Post what you are looking for?

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Harvey51

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/21 08:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for finding it!
I still haven’t found the fuse that has voltage only when the engine is running. I have the E350 manual with names and numbers but it doesn’t seem to help. Just a matter of time, though. I should have saved a photo of the connection. I have some other DC problems (rear view camera). I will be 70 next month and I’m not as able as I was. Darn!

Bordercollie

Garden Grove, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/21 08:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It would be good if RV manufacturers would include a placard that clearly states this kind of information including location of solenoid switches, fuses, reset buttons, etc. The proper operation of generator, converter/charger, transfer switch, chassis alternator, house and chassis batteries, etc., is critical to running air conditioning, furnace, fridge, microwave, water heater, interior lights, fans and entertainment devices. I wonder how renters figure this stuff out once the are out on the road.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/21 09:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bordercollie wrote:

It would be good if RV manufacturers would include a placard that clearly states this kind of information including location of solenoid switches, fuses, reset buttons, etc. The proper operation of generator, converter/charger, transfer switch, chassis alternator, house and chassis batteries, etc., is critical to running air conditioning, furnace, fridge, microwave, water heater, interior lights, fans and entertainment devices.I wonder how renters figure this stuff out once the are out on the road.

They can easyly find most of it on Instructional Videos in many languages or Instructional Manuals also in many languages.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Battery & electrical questions
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.