cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hehr Window Repair

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
I have Hehr windows in my coach, the kind that crank out a few inches at the bottom. A couple years ago the escape window came unglued. Two RV places couldn’t fix it. A repair place I had used several times claimed that the window had to be replaced at about $500. Since then the same thing has happened to four other windows. Each time I used Gorilla Glue (for glass and metal) and strong clamps to make the repairs myself. Now if I could just put a nail in without bending it.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"
4 REPLIES 4

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
I made the same repair with regular Gorilla Glue. Three years now and still holding. The wife was closing the window like it was a water faucet. I had her back off on the force and haven't had another problem.

RichNewcome
Explorer
Explorer
I made a similar repair and the manufacturer recommended I use a Urethane Adhesive. It takes a few hours to cure but it remains somewhat flexible. So far it's still holding for over a year. I don't remember the brand but I picked it up a Lowes and it was in a caulking tube.

12th_Man_Fan
Explorer
Explorer
Might check with a local glass company. Some of them are capable of fixing RV windows.
2014 GMC Duramax 4X4 DRW Crew

2015 DRV Tradition

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
What about a metal screw? Or a bolt?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad