cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New to Class C

Cardinals
Explorer
Explorer
Just traded in our 38 foot travel trailer for a Forrester 25 foot motorhome. We are so looking forward to our first trip.....love reading the posts in this forum.
5 REPLIES 5

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Get familiar with the house battery, generator, charger/converter, connections from converter charger to house battery, emergency start switch, and manual or automatic shore power to generator transfer system. Keep battery electrolyte levels up with distilled water, keep battery connections clean and tight. Have a cheap digital meter handy to check proper battery voltages.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
I wish you boring driving and fantastic stops. We have done a lot, and now much enjoy the small motorhome.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes congratulations !
A 38 ft TT was one of ours too. Now we have a 24' C and are very much enjoying it.
During our one year covid lock-down, having our drivable 'C' has been a blessing to be able to have a change of scenery taking local day trips. We did not do that with owning a TT . WE get much more use from our MH.
I once had an elderly woman pull up to my class C while parked in a shopping center parking lot and asked if I was open yet ? She wanted a hot dog. :h She really thought I was a vendor.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad