cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

E-450 16" tire valve size?

DAS26miles
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know what size tire valve the 2015 Ford E450 16" rim takes? Going to order extended metal valves for duals. 4.53 or 6.25?
2 REPLIES 2

youracman
Explorer
Explorer
I had the Borg metal stems installed on mine. The first firm I tried (a wholesaler) was not sure what the "bend angle" should be for my wheels (Alcoa) and they suggested I call the retailer in the link below. I did that and they knew exactly what I needed ..... including the rubber stabilizers. I paid Les Schwab about $65 to install the hardware. As you probably know, the inside dual cannot be spin balanced with the super long stem installed.....beads can be used but I used "Centramatics" instead. Many say the duals don't even need to be balanced so YMMV.

I love being able to check the pressure, add air or install my TPMS sensors without even getting down on one knee. Well worth the $ IMHO.

You might want to give these folks a call. They will know what you need.

https://www.shinyrv.com

Best .......... and be safe.
Ed Sievers, Denver, CO
07 WGO Outlook 31-C; '16 Kia Soul with 6spd DIY Tranny
"Be the person you needed when you were younger"

craz_z
Explorer
Explorer
I would lean 453 however if u get the dually valve kit it should include both grommets otherwise they are super cheap to order both size grommets separately.

The size refers to the rubber that fits the stem hole the actual valve an lock nut fit either or