Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Bed liner - spray in
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Bed liner - spray in

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/21 07:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^Neither of them will hold up 100% to true daily hard use. But neither will the truck bed itself, it will be more banged up/dented/scratched without the liner.
Linex will last much longer than Rhino if running forks/pallets, sharp objects in and out of the bed.

Honestly the best protection for the bed itself under heavy use is a plastic drop in bed liner.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/21 08:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I'm mostly retired, but need my truck to haul things occasionally - I don't abuse trucks anymore, like when I was building homes ... but sometimes it get a scratch or two, and I figured I'd spray it, and still use the bed mat for the camper.

Might leave the bed mat in for slip resistance, and replace it if it gets damaged - but the spray in is to UN-scratch my bed walls. They're in fairly good shape, and want to keep them that way.

Looks like Line-X it is ... most favor it. Thanks for the info... M 44

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

blt2ski

Kirkland, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/21 09:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit,
I've had bed liners too. I'd still take a spray in vs a drop in. Both can have the bed itself get dented etc. Especially if you drop some 50-100+ lb objects in the bed. Be them rocks, concrete wall blocks, larger logs etc.
Issue I found the liners, is soil, bark, etc can get between the bed and liner, liner moving, the paint grinds away etc between the two.
Reality, which is worst? Not sure. The spray in being reasonably non skid, vs liner very little. Access to ALL the internal bed tie downs etc. The spray is better in the end.
My 02

Marty

92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
00 Chev C2500, V5700, 4L80E, 4.10, base truck, no options!
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

Check RV.Net Blogs at: blog.rv.net

ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/24/21 09:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have used Line-X in 3 trucks and very happy with how they have held up. Like what's been said about both regarding warranties, I still chose Line-X. 1st truck was a '03 Super Duty, 2nd '15 SD and 3rd is '17 SD. Not sure about Rhino, but with Line-X you can get it in different colors. I don't haul sharp objects so chances of scratching or gouging is low. Yes it is rough on your knees, but I really like tho how it offers protection form everything. Should my future allow me to get another new truck again, I'd go w/ Line-X still.

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/21 02:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

years back I went with a bed liner for my S-10 PU. at that time there were many reports of the liner vibrating and rubbing the paint off of the bottom of the bed and the mfr. wouldn't warranty that paint so I cut some masonite sheets to cover bottom, used some globs of silicone sealer to hold them in place and then installed the liner over them.
bed looked as good as new when I sold it.
bumpy

s1214

Vt

View Profile

Posted: 03/25/21 08:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Up here in our part of the NorthEast, I prefer ONYX Bedliners. I've had one last over 10 years with very little cosmetic damage and no fading.

Hammerboy

Zeeland, MI

View Profile

Posted: 03/25/21 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had both Line X and Reflex spray in liners. I like the Reflex as its more grippy therefor keeps stuff from sliding around. Both are very durable.

Dan

2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Bed liner - spray in
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.