cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2000 Fleetwood Bounder Are Dash Air Parts The Same?

Peter_Crowl
Explorer
Explorer
F550 V-10 Ford Chassis. I need to replace the Receiver Dryer in the A/C system. IS this the same item as any other F550 of the same vintage?
Update: Looking at the F550 part online it's not the same as what's in the rig.
12 REPLIES 12

Peter_Crowl
Explorer
Explorer
RLS7201 wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
RLS7201 wrote:
As already noted, compressor, condenser & receiver dryer are supplied by Ford. The rest of your Fleetwood Bounder F53 HVAC system is supplied by Denso, not Evans-Tempcon

Richard

I disagree:) The OP has a 21 year old Fleetwood Gas. While Denso did supply some Dash AC components to Fleetwood DIESEL models about 22 years ago, they did not supply GAS system components in 2000. Read what Denso has on their website for RV systems. 15 years puts us back to 2005, not to 2000. Also, there should be some tags on the evap cover and area of the OP's stating the maker of his system. He can also go to both Denso and Evans and look at the listing for DASH controls and see which matches his, which will be the maker of his Dash AC system. Doug

HVAC Systems
With over 15 years of providing quality HVAC systems to all the major manufacturers of recreational vehicles, only DENSO has the innovation, expertise and strict quality control to produce the best dash HVAC systems on the market. The DENSO RV HVAC system is a fully integrated system for RV heating, ventilation and air conditioning, engineered to tackle the specific requirements for today's varied motor homes.

Disagree all you want but Denso did supply HVAC to the OP's coach.
My 1995 Bounder gas has a Denso HVAC system. Denso was the premier supplier of HVAC to Fleetwood back then. It's easy enough to tell to tell if a Denso HVAC is installed. It's all electric with no vacuum controls.

Richard

Guys...I found it yesterday as I mentioned above. Just searched the F53 chassis on Rock Auto and there it was. Just over $10 at that!

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
RLS7201 wrote:
As already noted, compressor, condenser & receiver dryer are supplied by Ford. The rest of your Fleetwood Bounder F53 HVAC system is supplied by Denso, not Evans-Tempcon

Richard

I disagree:) The OP has a 21 year old Fleetwood Gas. While Denso did supply some Dash AC components to Fleetwood DIESEL models about 22 years ago, they did not supply GAS system components in 2000. Read what Denso has on their website for RV systems. 15 years puts us back to 2005, not to 2000. Also, there should be some tags on the evap cover and area of the OP's stating the maker of his system. He can also go to both Denso and Evans and look at the listing for DASH controls and see which matches his, which will be the maker of his Dash AC system. Doug

HVAC Systems
With over 15 years of providing quality HVAC systems to all the major manufacturers of recreational vehicles, only DENSO has the innovation, expertise and strict quality control to produce the best dash HVAC systems on the market. The DENSO RV HVAC system is a fully integrated system for RV heating, ventilation and air conditioning, engineered to tackle the specific requirements for today's varied motor homes.

Disagree all you want but Denso did supply HVAC to the OP's coach.
My 1995 Bounder gas has a Denso HVAC system. Denso was the premier supplier of HVAC to Fleetwood back then. It's easy enough to tell to tell if a Denso HVAC is installed. It's all electric with no vacuum controls.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
RLS7201 wrote:

Richard

HVAC Systems

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Krusty wrote:
MrWizard wrote:
Isn't the dash air In class A's add on equipment
And Not from the chassis Mfg
Do they use the stock Ford compressor and dryer ?
I thought everything except maybe the compressor. Is add on from the rv builder not from chassis mfg

The compressor and condenser are part of the Ford chassis. The dryer is attached to the condenser too. The body builder supplies the evaporator housing.

The OP has a 2000 Ford chassis. back then Ford supplied the Compressor and the Condenser. "Usually", the RV OEM builder installed the Dryer and the hoses to the Evap housing and the AC controls and wire harness. And this was more common Evans-Tempcon AC systems. Doug

https://comfortairgr.com/product-category/evans-tempcon-motorome-rv-parts/

Krusty
Nomad
Nomad
MrWizard wrote:
I thought everything except maybe the compressor. Is add on from the rv builder not from chassis mfg

The compressor and condenser are part of the Ford chassis. The dryer is attached to the condenser too. The body builder supplies the evaporator housing.
Krusty
92 F-250 4x4 460 5spd 4.10LS Prodigy
97 Rustler RT190
EU2000i
Garmin

Peter_Crowl
Explorer
Explorer
Krusty wrote:
Look up parts for an F53 motorhome chassis. Dryer is completely different than an F550, which is a truck.

Yes - thanks for the reply. F53 is the key bit. Rock auto has the part and I found it once I searched F53 not F550. What confused me is the F550 documentation that came with the RV.

Peter_Crowl
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
I think it is an F53 chassis.

Yes! And that was the key to finding the part. Thanks!

MrWizard
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
OOPs! Operator error!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Krusty
Nomad
Nomad
Look up parts for an F53 motorhome chassis. Dryer is completely different than an F550, which is a truck.
Krusty
92 F-250 4x4 460 5spd 4.10LS Prodigy
97 Rustler RT190
EU2000i
Garmin

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
I think it is an F53 chassis.