Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV At Dealer for 90 Days Now for An Awning Replacement!!!!!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RV At Dealer for 90 Days Now for An Awning Replacement!!!!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/28/21 08:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You don't need an awning right away, get one at your destination. Tires should be bought from a local tire dealer, not an RV dealer. Wheel bearing service is best done yourself or use a local garage, an RV dealer will use the cheapest help and do a sloppy job while charging way too much. Yes, you are the customer, accept nothing less than what you agree on.

Jarlaxle

New England

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/21 03:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pitch wrote:

12th Man Fan wrote:

If the stealer has ordered the new awning you will probably be on the hook for some charges. Unfortunately having an appointment with one of these jokers only means they will make someone available to accept your rig and they have a place to park it, nothing more.

I asked my stealer on warranty work to order the parts and I would bring it in when they arrived and they had time to do the work. They refused to order the parts unless the rig was on the lot.

This is a one way street right now. I will use a mobile tech if I need something I can't do myself.

Good luck.

I wouldn't pay a penny,no matter what. Dealer breached the contract, job should have been done in ten days. Pick up your trailer and drive off. Let the dealer find a market for his new excess awning.

I'd be surprised if they would even order it without a deposit.

John and Elizabeth (Liz), with 2 nutty cats...RIP, Maya ">
My beloved St. Bernard, Marm, lost him 1/2/12
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

Jarlaxle

New England

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/21 03:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bowler1 wrote:

Well the story gets better. I emailed the dealer at the same time that I made this post. I told them the situation and that I needed the trailer back. I do....I am in the Army and moving from MD to TX. I move out of my house in a month. I am moving my family of 6 into my trailer in a month. The response got was that the trailer would be ready for pickup next WED.

But then....last night I got an email saying that they received the awning yesterday and it was damaged. They said they ordered another that will be shipped in 2-3 weeks. That does not work with my timeline.

But here is the thing....I don't know where else to get the work done at this point. I was also getting the wheel bearings re-packed and some tires replaced. I would like that done prior to my 1800 mile move to TX.

I am not aware of any mobile RV mechanics in my area.

I am beyond pissed. I planned accordinly for something absolutely needed.

Do I have to be one of those complete A___hole customers in order to get what I want? I hate doing that and shoudl not have to.

matt

https://onthespotrvservice.com/

http://www.midatlanticrvservice.com/

They both do mobile RV service in Maryland.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RV At Dealer for 90 Days Now for An Awning Replacement!!!!!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.